No sound output Cubase 11.0.41 and Win 11

Hi,

I’m new to the whole DAW realm and I’ve recently downloaded installed Cubase Pro 11.0.41 (trial) on my Surface Pro 7 and there is no audio output through my pc speakers or headphones… In studio setup, I’ve set my audio driver the generic Low Latency Driver default and selected two Stereo output channels and they show active. In my Audio Connections, the Audio device and stereo channels are assigned as outputs, but I’m still getting no sound output and have no other issues with sounds on other programs including FL20. Any ideas on software or hardware solutions that might help?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Try to install ASIO4ALL, please.

Hi Martin,

I installed ASIO4ALL (and have tried a few other drivers) prior to writing this thread with the same issue, but I’ll try it again,

I’ve spent some time trying to get output with ASIO4ALL and still no luck; I’ve read through the driver documentation and tried a few things, but haven’t been able to make any progress (tinkering in the config menu; trying different outputs, etc.). Any additional thoughts?

Hi,

Could you attach some screenshots, please?

Hi,

I don’t know, what does the “2nd output” mean, but this is the output you are using in Cubase.

Pretty sure the 2nd output represents my headphones (out 1&2 are bluetooth and the other are my pc speakers); when I use the generic driver is specifically calls out my headphone outputs vs. the PC speakers (and other devices I’ve connected), but no sound on any of them.

This is the what it looks like with the generic driver.

Hi,

Could you please try to use the other outputs in the Audio Connections > Outputs?

Hi Martin,

No luck…tried multiple drivers and all the audio outputs and still no sound…glad I opted for the free trial lol…not quite sure where to go from here.

Hi,

It must be somewhere in the ASIO4ALL driver. Sorry, I’m not ASIO4ALL user.

I would try to enable all outputs in the ASIO4ALL and then try all outputs in Cubase.

To be honest, myself, I would recommend to buy and use proper Audio Device with native ASIO driver. Like Steinberg UR12, UR22C, whatever…