No sound with Irig HD 2

Hi,

I have gone through all tutorials and done everything I can to fix this problem.

When I go to studio setup and chose Irig HD 2 as Asio Driver I can se that my guitar is connected ( in the mix console the meters are registering when I play on my guitar). But I can hear no sound at all in cubase (not with drums or anything). I have also chosen outputs in audio connections.

If I change the Asio driver in studio setup to Integrated audio I get sound in cubase but not from my guitar.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Regards

Theodor

Hi and welcome,

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Do you have the latest driver installed? Is the Monitor button enabled on the track? Is the right input selected on the track? Is the signal recorded, can you hear it afterwards when playback?

hi,

thank you for your response. I could not come back to you sooner because of work.

I am on a mac.

If I have understood it correctly I do not need to install asio driver when I use a Mac?

Monitor is enabled on the track.

Input selected on the track is: Mono in 1
Output selected on the track is: Stereo out.

If I record my guitar when Irig 2 HD is chosen as Asio driver it records but I can’t hear the playback. If I then change the Asio driver to Internal sound card I can playback the recording and hear it.

Hi,

If you are on Mac, make sure Cubase has enabled Mic in the System Preferences, please.
Open macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. Enable Cubase here.

Hi,

The Microphone was already enabled for cubase in system preferences.

Hi,

Can you hear any audio source over iRig HD2, for example YouTube, please?

Hi,

I can use Irig HD 2 in garageband and in Amplitube 4 and it works without any problems. I hear hear my guitar and I can record it and play back the recording.

If I go to system preferences > Sound > sound out. And I chose iRig 2 HD here I will here no sound on you tube.I have to chose headphone jack here. Is their the issue with cubase? Does cubase chose Irig HD 2 as output source swell?

Hi,

In Cubase, you can only one Audio Device (respective Asio Driver) as both input and output. So if you are using iRig as an input device, you have to use it as output device as well. Connect your headphones to the iris headphones output, please.

Hi,

thank you! That solved the problem. Such a simple fix!

Now I only have a few days left of my free tria and I have not been able to use the program. Is it possible to get the 30 day free trial renewed?

Hi,

Sorry, I can’t give you a license. Try to ask Technical Support, please.