No sound with VST instruments or Midi Keyboard in CUBASE LE 10.5

Hello everyone,
I am a new Cubase user. I have Cubase LE 10.5. I am having trouble with the output sound in the program. I’ve checked all of the internet and followed every troubleshoot post or video I could find to no avail. I checked the sound card, drivers, etc.
Cubase does have output sound when I import an MP3 file into the program and play it, however, there is no sound output when I try to use the VST instruments within the program or when I connect my Akai MPK Mini 2. The program indicates that it is receiving data when I push keys on my keyboard, however, there is no sound output.
I would really appreciate any help on this. I’ve been trying for days to figure it out and I’m at a loss.
Thanks!

Hi and welcome,

Can you see incoming MIDI data to Cubase on the Transport Panel? Can you see incoming MIDI data to the track? Can you see moving keys in the plug-in GUI (for example HALion Sonic SE)? Can you hear a sound, when you use the virtual keyboard of the VSTi GUI or in the Key Editor? Can you see levels meter on the track? Is the output of the track routed to your Stereo Out?

HI

I am having a similar problem - I can see the keys moving on the halion virtual keyboard however no midi registering on the track or sound output. I have jusy upgraded the driver to V2.0.3. as my new MODX6 keyboard was not functioning with the “MODX CONNECT” performance library program. The driver upgrade allowed MODX CONNECT to work however Cubase is now not working. In studio setup if I try to switch to Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO it says “Device could not be opened”.

Hi,

To me it Audio Device the driver is not working properly or the device is not recognised. I would try to reinstall the driver.

Make sure you:

• Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install as administrator.
  • Restart your computer.

You can also try to connect the USB cable to other USB port, please.