no valid license found

i installed cubase 6,downloaded and installed the cubase 6.5 update which installed the latest elicenser version as well.

On my elicenser i have existing information on my other licenses already like cubase le 4,sequel le etc.There is also a cubase 6.5 license on it as well.

Every time i start up cubase it says “no valid license found,program will quit now”, i then start the license activation and put in my license codes,then plug in my dongle and it then starts the activation but after that the result is that license activation failed as the license is already in use.So i’ve got no choice and i close the elicenser but strangely after that i can start cubase without problems but once i plug out my dongle it doesn’t work again and prompts me for license activation again and everytime i switch on my computer it keeps asking for the same thing.

Any help is really appreciated.Thank you people

When this happened to me on my old laptop (CB4 license) it gave me an option to “Update e-licenses”. This is different than re-entering codes. This consolidates and updates everything on the security key. Once you do that all should then be right with the world.

sorry man but that didn’t work,i used the update licenser function on the e licenser but idk what is really the problem,when the dongle is plugged it it runs normally but once its plugged out it keeps asking for a license,i suspect the license is not saved locally or something

Hello,

The USB Dongle needs to be connected to the computer the whole time during working with Cubase.

Cheers,

Chris

sorry but a really dumb question i have to ask is,can you run cubase 6.5 without the dongle?

sorry but a really dumb question i have to ask is,can you run cubase 6.5 without the dongle?

No, as stated already by Chris Beuermann.