No valid licenses found (WaveLab 11.1 and eLicenser) [SOLVED]

which is hilarious - next time SB mess it up it might be much more catastrophic…no way to roll back either.

The cynic in me suspects that Steinberg made a mistake with the “voucher” upgrades to WL and GA, which resulted in being able to have the products on 4 devices instead of 3 … and now that mistake has been “corrected” and they’re just keeping stumm about it.

But that’s just the cynic in me … :smiling_imp:

I can’t imagine they would do that plus Halion Sonic and GA haven’t had ‘voucher upgrades’ as yet ? and The Grand has and remains ok.

I like your thinking though - but you should never underestimate how SB are able to mess things up :slight_smile:

I’m hoping, once /if they acknowledge the issue, they will learn from it and stop the auto-update in the download assistant - that just makes these kind of issues far more scary than they need to be.

not something that @PG1 can resolve - I’m hoping @Ben_at_Steinberg can step in and get the fixes out quickly

this guy :smiley:

I think this only affects WaveLab. The Halion team VSTis are working fine with the eLicenser for me. Try giving HSSE a moment to load. In my case, I have both the upgraded Cubase Pro 11 license and Halion Sonic SE “Free” license in my USB-eLicenser. Are you using Nuendo?

Unfortunately, I don’t have the USB-eLicenser version of the Wavelab 11 license to check if this issue is also present on my system.

It looks like the release notes for SAM 1.4.10 haven’t been updated yet, but some of the issues it addresses were brought up here in the WaveLab forum.

unfortunately not

I don’t know what licences you have activated in the SAM ? or what you have on your elicencer ?

make sure you have the latest version of HSSE and the activation manager - deactivate ‘everything’ from the SAM.

HSSE should run from the licence you may have for C11/N11 on the dongle - it doesn’t here or with others

and yes I have Nuendo11/12 too but not relevant.

EDIT - just to be clear I tested the standalone version of HSSE - not sure if the plugin version licence is handled differently as a plugin within cubase/nuendo

I have the latest versions of everything. I signed out from the Steinberg Activation Manager and restarted my system to make sure. Everything seems to work as it should in Cubase Pro 11, same for standalone Halion Sonic SE. The licenses in my USB-eLicenser are Cubase Pro 11 upgraded to Cubase Pro 12, Absolute 4 (USB) and Halion Sonic SE 3.

Pictures

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to defend Steinberg here, I’m just trying to help figure out what was broken. Maybe it could help them fix this sooner.

1 Like

totally understood - and thanks taking the time to check - much appreciated.

Possibly it’s more nuanced than that - I don’t have a separate licence for HSSE, mine comes from cubase/nuendo v11 on the elicenser. Maybe that’s the difference ?

As soon as I disable C12/N12 from the SAM it disables HSSE, despite there being valid (several) licences on the elicenser.

Another thing is that I remained signed in to the SAM but deactivated the C12/N12 licences. Looks like you signed out.

Maybe (?) the problem is that when SAM does the inital check for a valid licence it stops as soon as it sees the licences are not enabled (in my case the auto-enable licence setting is set to off). In your case it doesn’t see the disabled licences so it doesn’t flag back to the application that is not-licensed ?

So the bug might be that if you have disabled licences in your account the SAM reports back to the app that there is no license and doesn’t check the elicenser - That was the situation that both @Waltercalling and myself had…but in your case there are no disabled licenses in the SAM as you weren’t signed in.

if that makes sense ? (thinking aloud)

EDIT (and more thinking aloud on this rambling post) - it’s possible (?) that SB designed this in …on the basis if you have a disabled license in SAM that exists on the elicenser you should actually be using it - as it’s likely that it’s been a ‘upgraded to SAM’ license - which @MrSoundman hinted at earlier and I thought too cynical.

I refer to my particular brand as “constructive cynicism”.
Oddly – and depressingly – more often right than wrong.

1 Like

Had the same issue just the other day after updating my NUENDO V11 to V12. I ran the Maintenance option on my eLicenser and then Re-Registered my Steinberg License Key and then WaveLab V11 worked again and has continued so far. Not sure if this will work for you but worth a try. Steinberg’s new Licensing program is certainly causing a lot of issues even with software that is still licensed to the Dongle.

1 Like

@complexone

unfortunately not - this is an issue introduced by the latest version of the SAM

@Ben_at_Steinberg

here’s another one

and another

1 Like

So if I understand the various posts on this thread, if you have an eLicenser license for WaveLab 11 as well as an unactivated license for WaveLab 11.1 in Steinberg Activation Manager, then WaveLab won’t launch. Is this correct?

The fix is to open Steinberg Activation Manager and ensure that the license is activated, is that right?

One more question: could you confirm which platform you’re seeing this on? Mac? PC? both?

Exactly as you describe. Running WaveLab Elements 11.1 on a Windows 11 22H2 machine with latest patches here. eLicenser Control Center is version 6.12.8.3314, and Steinberg Activation Manager is version 1.4.10.897.

OK - I will make some enquiries with the developers about the eLicenser fallback mechanism when both licenses are present.

In the meantime, I’d certainly encourage everyone to move across exclusively to Steinberg Licensing which should solve these issues.

@Ben_at_Steinberg

but that’s not always an option - there are lots of scenarios where that isn’t applicable

check out some of the other people using totally valid Cubase or Nuendo 11 licences that are now being locked out of their licences because they also have V12 licenses. Locked out of thinks like halion sonic or groove agent (check the various links)

You really have to question the policy of automatically pushing (broken) patches to SAM via the SDA…disaster waiting to happen IMO

in the meantime giving access to download the previous version would be helpful for those who are locked out

Hi Ben,
PC Win Pro 22H2 19045.2193
eLicenser Control Center is version 6.12.8.3314
Steinberg Activation Manager is version 1.4.10.897

Could I ask you to zip up the files from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Activation Manager and send them to me via PM?

I assume you mean

\appdata\ROAMING\steinberg\Activation Manager

are you saying you are unable to reproduce this - there are fairly clear repros if you read the entire thread ? We’ve (I!) have worked pretty hard to find out what the issue is.

If you type %APPDATA% into the Windows Explorer it sends you right to the Roaming directory. It is a environment parameter

1 Like

Is anyone in this thread who is experiencing this issue using anything WaveLab Pro or is it just WaveLab Elements?

@Dr.Strangelove - yes, I can reproduce this issue, nevertheless gathering data is part of the job.