No video..no update?

had occasion to put some music to a video and find that…well, Cubase can’t handle it!!!
seems it’s something to do with Quicktime…
looked the problem up and this was yonks ago…don’t do much music to video so I missed that news somehow…
so where’s the immediate update to fix the problem?
what are you guys doing if your working with video?
is there a workround?
I can’t believe I’ve got a DAW that cannot handle a video, I also cannot believe it has not been fixed PDQ,

they’re gonna make it part of 9 I’ll bet…so if you want video you gotta upgrade…ok maybe that’s a bit cynical but, hey…I wouldn’t be surprised!!

I apologies to Steinberg if I’ve missed something and there is a video facility and I just cannot find it…

cheers for any workrounds… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Bit confused…if you didn’t hear the news you probably would not have uninstalled QT and so video in Cubase would be working (though you will have been open to attack if you are online)

If it’s not installed your only completely safe workaround is to install it temporarily and disconnect from the internet until you’re done with it.
I believe some guys are running the player but disable any browser plugins for maybe a slightly less secure but probably still safe option.

Of course it will appear in C9…but I’m sure it will then be added to the final updates of C8.

Searching the Knowledge Base is always worth a shot…

Scroll down for detail about using QT on Windows if you need video facilities in Cubendo - take heed of the security warnings/implications too.

So maybe, if you are only doing video work rarely, follow the steps, then uninstall when the project is done.

HTH,
Bob

I run my video in Reaper as a Rewire slave. Reaper uses VLC as a playback engine if VLC is installed on your system.

Ok thank you guys…gotta admit, I really don’t remember uninstalling QT but I must’ve…
bit of a mess this is…reckon I’ll give the video a miss for now…
or maybe buy reaper…

cheers all, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That’s what Cubase should do. Let’s hope it happens asap.

Yeah, why the heck does it take so long?

Also Studio One have a new video engine in place… Steinberg?

Seems they can’t do an interim update…or can’t be bothered, or don’t care that paying customers have to do without something they paid for, they will never change, they’ve got our money so what we want doesn’t come into the equation…
they’re getting no more money from me…

Loving Studio One Pro v3.3 :slight_smile:

It’s not that there is “No Video in Cubase,” users are able to use Quicktime without the vulnerable player application installed, with an easy caveat- just don’t import videos into Cubase/Nuendo if you don’t know where they come from. If you follow the instructions in the link below, in order to infect your machine, you would have to to

1. click on a link to a download whose content you don’t know, and that contains a virus
  2. download it,
  3. manually import it into Cubase.

So yes, it’s probably unsafe to download random video torrents and load them up into Cubase.

cheers for any workrounds… > :slight_smile: > > :slight_smile:

Read the knowledgebase if you haven’t already: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/security-gaps-in-quicktime-for-windows.html

I bet you 5 beers that’s not true. :stuck_out_tongue:

Already using Mixbus 32C 90% of the time, the only thing I miss from Cubase is render in place…but returning to Cubase less and less…I’m not a power user and Mixbus sounds great!!
I reckon that’s maybe the problem with Steinberg, they really think no one will leave and use another DAW…well think again…
if your able to check on who updates you’ll see that I don’t…

I’ve become tired of the lack of communication and inability to correct something quickly…

sorted the video with Reaper…

best, Kevin

Yeah…bought it recently…looking good…very slick!!

I have Mixbus and Reaper - performance wise they both kick the poo out of Cubase, but I still prefer Cubase as a DAW.

Yeah, I’m not here to knock Cubase…it’s an excellent DAW, it’s just getting a bit clunky innit!!!..the mixer is a mess, especialy if you try to use it as a proper console type mixer, which is my preference…
IMHO, Cubase + the Mixbus 32C mixer would be awesome and it would be Cubase forever…