No way to stream clean Input 3/4 to Skype/Zoom/Google Meet. Am I right?

Hello Everybody!

I’m using Skype/Zoom/Google Meet talk to my friends and I would like to let them listen my Yamaha piano connected to Input 3/4 of UR44-C.
I can’t find any way to do it until I enable Loopback function because only Input 1/2 are routed to Skype.
I would like to not enable Loopback because with enabled Loopback my friends starting to listen them self with sound feedback. :frowning:

Only solution I found: use some another sound interface with my computer and connect Line Output of UR44-C to this interface input.
Am I right?

Thanks,
Sergey

maybve this is of some help:

For a Windows PC (sorry, I’m not really familiar with mac) it would be nice if the input sent to the Windows PC audio(non-ASIO) was selectable. On the URxxxC it just sends channel 1 and 2 and this cannot be changed. My old RME Fireface 800 allowed you select any input as a Windows input source and that is 15 years old. I guess it is a fuction of the Yamaha USB driver, I hope we see a bit more flexibility at some time.

I know what you mean, youi cannot selct the inputs in Windows, my other N12 Interface does haves this option(also Yamaha/Steinberg driver but FW).
But…the problem here is not the interface but SKYPE obviously, see the video. And there is a solution for Wndows I read in the comments.
Another idea maybe is not to buy a secnd interface but a simple, cheap Behringer mixer or so.
Connect your mic and keyboard or whatever to that mixer and connect its ouputs to the URC 1/2.

Same problem here. Only 1 mic input supported in MS Teams and 2 mic inputs in Zoom. Anyone has a solution for Windows 10? Thanks.

It’s the dspMixFx; it has no routing possibilities, unless you are on cubase where you can adjust your sends to the stereo out. I have the UR44C while I like the 0 latency for the headphones and the portability, I wish I had more control over the mixes and the back end. I just switched form a 10 year old sound card, an EMU 1616, where you could send what ever you wanted to wherever you needed, and choose which asio chanel the daw would run on.

Ok Solution

Update the firmware to use the (echo-less) voice chat Loopback functionality.

In case anybody else stumbles over this thread.

Steinberg have updated the firmware, now the Loopback Mode “Voice Chat” works.
This will loop all inputs back, i.e. make them avaiable for sykpe / zoom, but unlike the normal loopback this does not also loopback your computer audio, i,e, it does not produce echo.

Using this you can comfortably use Input 3/4 as a Zoom input.

Update the Tools for URC to the newest version. Open DSP-mix and it will ask you if you want to update the firmware. (This option is also avaiable in the settings). As soon as you update the firmware the Voice Chat loopback will work.

1 Like