I have a really weird issue. I am running a very first project in C12. 8 Channels with various plugins. No noise indication in the individual channels. All clean and great. Sending it to the Stereo Out /Master with a couple of Plugins and on the Output I have a hum at around 100Hz and starting from 500Hz to 17k there is a rising level of noise. The higher the frequency, the higher the level. It starts at around -100dBfs and the peak is at about -80dBfs. The Hum is at -98dBfs. I know this is really low in volume, but still it can be heard.
Now to the good stuff:
- When disabling or removing all plugins —> no change
- When Soloing the Master Channel —> no change
- When Soloing ANY channel —> Noise and hum is gone
- When Soloing ALL Channels except the Master —> Noise and hum is gone
- When Soloing ALL Channels AND then the Master too —> Noise and hum is gone!!!
So number 5 has the exact same signal flow as if there is no solo or mute active in the project.
I have a no clue what is going on here and there is no external input coming in from an instrument or mic which will likely to be noisier than just having static noise when the project isn’t in playback. Am I missing something here?