Noise problem

Hi all, guys!
I recently buy Steinberg UR 12 Audio Interface. Earlier i’m use M-Audio M-Track 2x2 and all noise problems reproduced on this devices too…
So, it’s not audio interfaces problem!!!
But, PLEASE HELP ME i don’t know how solve this problem.
Ok, i’m record this noise on Steinberg UR12:

my PC and devices:

• OS Windows 10 x64
  • CPU Intel i5 7400
  • Motherboard Asus H110M-R
  • Monitors PreSonus Eris E4.5
  • Headphones Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
  • Microphone AKG C1000S

My settings:

• Microphone disconnected (Input 1)
  • Input 1 (Mic) Gain set to 100% and changed from 100% to 0% and backward on record sample
  • Instrument disconnected (Input 2)
  • Input 2 (Hi-Z) Gain set 0%
  • Phantom power disabled
  • Monitors connected and power off
  • Headphones connected and worked

I’m already change PSU on my PC from FSP 500PNR to premium Gold 80+ beQuiet STRAIGHT POWER 11 450W - this not solve noise problem :frowning:
    Change USB cabels and ports - not solve noise problem :frowning:
    Disable C-States and Turbo Boost on BIOS Motherboard - not solve noise problem :frowning:
    I’m connect DC Power supplies from different mobile devices (Lenovo, BlackBerry, Doogy and etc…) with 5V and 1A - not solve noise problem :frowning:
    How fix that?
    Please help!!!
    Audio 2-bounce-1.zip (590 KB)

Anyone can help me with compare recorded sample? Maybe my device broken…
Please record sample on REAPER or other DAW any device UR-12 or UR-22MkII with disconnected XLR-input and 100% gain.

I have the same issue, and that sucks cause i can’t do any dynamic processing without having the noise levels too high…

I have encountered the same issue after using my UR12 fine for about one month, then, now I get noise when all the gain is set to zero; I have also set all input connections to disconnected and one to the UR12 Input 2 (HI-Z running directly via strong cable to Fender Strat). I have also tried four different USB cords. I finally found out it was my INSERTS; I was using a FUZZ that just kept giving me all types of noise, and I was unable to control it using the Gain and/or Direct Monitoring! Getting rid of this seemed to do the job; although, I like FUZZ! I would suggest removing all your INSERTS and use a clean input. I’m not sure if you already are doing this, I was just so surprised to find this was my issue.

Best of luck,

Mystic Mouse :mouse2:

Hi Axel
I don’t really understand why you would want to do something this way, but if you take ANY computer and ANY audio interface you will get this kind of noise. It will vary with the quality of the interface, but you should not care about this!
This as NOTHING to do with your computer at all:)
Having the gain cranked on an open (unconnected) mic input will always give you some noise, but since you can never ever find any use for the scenario you should not listen to an open input.
If you want to check internal noise, get a 100-150 ohm resistor and build an XLR shorting plug to be used in the input you record for test purposes.

So to make this short, blunt and to the point: Stop doing pointless noise recordings and go create:D

BR
Strummer

Hehe, yeah inserts can mess things up if you forget about them:) Nice one with a fuzz there!

1 Like