Not hearing sound when playing video files - UR44C

I’ve had this problem for as long as I can remember after buying the UR44C.
When I open certain video files, I don’t hear any sound at all.
I’ve noticed this issue occurs when opening files such as /mov / .m4a / .avi.
These files do for sure have audio, as when I listen to it through my regular computer speakers, I hear it.

The strange thing is when I plug my headphones into Phones 2, I only hear audio coming through the left side.
Both Phones 1 and the main outputs seem to mute the audio.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how I can fix this?
Thanks.

I would check the programs with which you open those videofiles, or the Windows sound-preferences.
I don’t think it’s a soundcard problem, but more of a settings problem inthe above.
For what the phones problem is concerned, maybe some incorrect settings within the DspFX mixer, output routing f.e.?

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that I’m using the interface with an iMac.
I tried opening them with another program and that does indeed ‘solve’ the problem, I can hear audio from there.
However, I noticed I had this issue with some videos on YouTube as well which is kind of annoying.
But since the audio only seems to work through phones 2 (left side only) I’m thinking the problem may indeed be somewhere else.
I haven’t really changed any settings on the DspFX mixer and since my knowledge on these things is pretty limited I wouldn’t know where to look…

What I did find out is that whenever I watch these certain video’s on Youtube (or open my video files on a certain videoplayer), the output only appears on mix 2 in the dspFX mixer, in the left channel of the DAW output (which seems strange to me?), I’ve added a screenshot of this.

Do you have any idea what might be going wrong here?

I would first test this with a stereo audio file, mp3 or WAV if the input from the computer into the interface is stereo then.

The input to the interface is definitely stereo, however the files I’m playing are most likely mono, but will still give me output on both the left and right channels when I open them in a different program.

Sorry, then I do not know any further help. I do had some similar problems once with YT and my other interface, that some movies had no sound. It turned out to be a 5.1 versus stereo issue, that interface can produce 5.1 sound on 3 channels, but I always use it stereo, and those movies had 5.1 sound so I did not hear it with my stereo settings.
I still think that yours is a program issue(maybe something like the above), some settings in those programs you use.

hmm okay, thanks for your help though! I’ll continue to look into it.

If anyone else has any idea of what it could be I’d appreciate it.