Not the same old music lounge.

Hi Michael

Here’s how it would work:

If I’ve got a song I’m working on, but which is not ready for public consumption, I’d post it here and the topic should be:
“[Work in progress] Yo Sup, Zap My Bigga Pitcha”

The introduction post would be something like “Hi all, this is posted here, because in its present form, it is not a worthy representation either of me or Cubase, and therefore should remain here until deemed ‘finished enough’”
Note, this I consider to be a matter of my personal idiosyncrasy. I don’t necessarily want to see the ‘Made with Cubase’ forum disappear and things just merging back here. That forum IS a further choice AND, potentially gives us a two-tier system. For the first time we have the luxury of privacy in this forum, As Well As a ‘Front parlour’ which may be visible to the world. I am interested in how to use that choice to its best advantage.

All the best, Michael :slight_smile:
Glyn

Even though I’m a Cubase guy, as a frequent attender of the Nuendo forum in the past I loved Evil.

it’s great. you can even post pictures of the musical genius Al Jolson

Mammy,
Mammy,
The sun shines east, the sun shines west,
I know where the sun shines best–
Mammy,
My little mammy,
My heartstrings are tangled around Alabammy.
I’m comin’,
Sorry that I made you wait.
I’m comin’,
Hope and trust that I’m not late, oh oh oh
Mammy,
My little Mammy,
I’d walk a million miles
For one of your smiles,
My Mammy! Oh oh oh…

Glyn-
Perfect. I like your text explaining the post

…and I’ll use it with your permission, that is when (if) I get something put together that is worthy of the lounge. I’m hitting a dry spell.

Compressed cheers, Glyn
Michael

I kinda liked it when the music and topics were in the same forum. the made with cubase section is rather cold on its own.
just thinkin

+1

It’s more like Lounge minus music? Antiseptic.

I’ve been a joker for a few weeks now due to strange events in my life where the universe seems inexorably against me. It only happens a couple of times a year but it gets to the point of ridiculousness, to where I end up coping with humor, sometimes sarcastic, sometimes sadistic… but still. At this point for some reason I’d like to be serious.

There are a lot of things I don’t like about this forum. The severe limitation to the look and feel. The blazing white white white color that only matches the amount of snow we’ve had in the US lately… and other little annoying glitches.

But I like the people here as I did on the last forum. I’ve gotten to meet people who were banned from the last forum for whatever reason, who’s advice I find very helpful, as well as those new and old who I’ve talked with over the past few months. I was at first going to say that music should be in it’s separate topic. But just thinking about it now… I realized I’ve been a member of two other forums who have sections dedicated to music, and visitation there is really sparse as well. So come to think of it, my preference would be to have the music in here as well. Sure it may muddy things up a little, but that’s already been done (specifically in the Mac / PC area).

Regardless, for me personally, the benefits outweigh the confusion (there isn’t much “risk” in a forum to be honest). So I can live with it. One thing that I try to keep in the front of my mind is to “appreciate” what we have. It is sometimes hard to do, and very easy to forget. I consider it like others would a prayer. To spend a moment to really appreciate something brings a touch of good fortune upon all involved, and that is what I want to do here.

I appreciate being able to post here, to communicate with those both new to, and experienced in, the music universe… each persons character and the good camaraderie that pervades this forum. It reminds me a little of the insense called Nag Champa. There is something unique and wonderful about it that can’t really be defined. …and that’s what makes it so cool. :slight_smile:

Best!

+1

That’s the long version! Thanks for typing my mind out! I guess I’ve been slimming down code too much lately to sound like a human being :blush: :laughing: