Note Expression - how to reset CC's after event

Hey all. I’ve finally taken the plunge and started learning about note expression. It seems pretty straight forward except for one thing: there doesn’t seem to be a way to set a default/static value that a CC will return to after it has been automated in the note expression dialogue. As an example:

I have run of notes leading into a chord that I want to fade out using CC11/Expression. This works fine, but any notes after that chord have a CC11 value of zero. So in this sense, it is no more convenient than just using CC lanes (although I’ll concede that having all this info move around with the notes is very handy!).

So am I supposed to draw a little reset event after the note (perhaps using the release length control)? Or should I have a bar at the start of my project containing default values that will be chased as soon as I stop or skip around my track? Very curious as to how you guys are implementing this!

Also as a related question, I can’t get pitch bend to work on a per-note basis using Halion Sonic SE. Are there only certain patches which support this?

Many thanks!

That is indeed the best method that I have found. (and I, too, dearly request a reset function :wink: )

Also as a related question, I can’t get pitch bend to work on a per-note basis using Halion Sonic SE. Are there only certain patches which support this?

For polyphonic pitchbending in HALion Sonic (SE), you need to use the Note Expression’s “Tuning” parameter, rather than the “regular” MIDI pitch bend (which will be mono, same as regular MIDI CC#s).

Thanks for the reply man! Thought as much. Truth be told it’s not a massive inconvenience (and in fact, I can actually see some scenarios in which it works better this way). Just wondered :slight_smile:

Also thanks very much for the tip with the tuning vs pitchbend. Much appreciated!