Note imput shortcuts

Hello !

I’m a Spanish editor and composer and I’ve been using Dorico for some weeks and I’ve looked for many ways to change the Note input shortcuts from ABCDEFG to something similar to a keyboard (Z S X D C V G B H N J M → C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B). This would improve my speed considerably. Is it possible? I would really appreciate some help from the developers (and not for upcoming updates, please).

Thank you!

I don’t think it is possible, also because in doing so you would have conflicts with many other shortcuts. With Dorico being significantly shortcut-focused, and very consistently designed in them, this would probably make life just harder for you.

From a quick look at the Key Commands available in Preferences, you can’t change the pitch assignments. It may be possible to do it by modifying the XML in the keycommands JSON file, but that is not without difficulty.

For now, it’s probably best to use a MIDI keyboard, and wait for the piano keyboard input method that’s anticipated in Dorico 4, matching that in the iPad version.

2 Likes