Note spacing tool in Dorico Element and SE ???

Hello

I have Dorico pro. and Dorico element on another computer
Can someone tell what’s the equivalent on pro “Engraving”. in Dorico element …
I can’t find an easy way to edit manualy the margins on element … pain I the ass
Thanks in advance

There isn’t an equivalent in Elements. You’re restricted to what you can achieve in Layout Options, basically. The alternative is to open the project in Pro, make the changes you need, then take the project back to Elements (which will respect the Pro changes).

Thanks for the answer …it’s really a bad news

I know that someone already gave me an answer …but I can’t believe that in Dorico Element(which is not free ) ( and SE I guess ), there isn’t a way to edit the margin and to space the notes or the bar lines …that would be a Shame .
Does someone has a hint ?
thanks …

Hi jambes!
I cannot believe you bought a piece of software without checking what’s in it and what’s not… You already posted on FB, received an accurate answer (SE and Elements DO NOT have any Engrave mode, that is one of the main differences with Pro). Where is the shame ? If Elements is not suited to your needs, you should not have bought it. Period. Sorry if that sounds patronizing. We’re all grown up adults here, some are even great professionals.
As Leo pointed out, you can change the options you need in Pro, and open those files in Elements, the options will be retained. If you need the same options for other files, start opening the files with the options you need, save as a new file, delete the music and start from scratch, but with the options you need. And if you need to do some Engrave mode actions, such as refined graphical changes, use Pro.

You can set a Note Spacing value in Layout Options, and I think you can set System Breaks in Elements/SE. You can also change the Music Frame Margins in Layout Options, if that helps.

Well it’s ridiculous answer … no more to say Daddy

There are quite a few controls available to you on the Page Setup and Note Spacing pages of Layout Options (Ctrl+Shift+L on Windows, Shift-Command-L on macOS).

Thank you Daniel.

Thanks again
It really help. It’s possible to do a few things that make Element usable in page set up …

There are quite a few controls available to you on the Page Setup and Note Spacing pages of Layout Options (Ctrl+Shift+L on Windows, Shift-Command-L on macOS).
[/quote]

I think that the difference between SE and ELEMEnt is so little that . it would be really a good idea to ad a few things to ELEMENT…to make it à little bit easier to use, especially in “mise n page”
May be in the future updates.

Thanks again for your help.