NotePerformer 3.3.0 still being blacklisted by Dorico

Hello,

I have uninstalled all previous NotePerformer instances and installed NotePerformer 3.3.0
I have cleaned out the relevant files from the VSTAudioEngine3_64 folder as well. Also attempted to get it working by deleting the VSTAudioEngine3_64 folder.

Dorico 3.0.10 still blacklists the NotePerformer 3.3.0 VST 2 Plugin. The playback template for NotePerformer is visible, however the VST fails to load.

Windows 10 Professional - Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Could you please attach a diagnostic report? (From Dorico’s main menu choose ‘Help > Create Diagnostic Report’. That creates a zip file on your Desktop.)

Removing the earlier version of NotePerformer is not necessary. The installation takes care of that.

Hi Thordaine, thanks for the data you sent via PM.

Indeed, NotePerformer is on the blacklist with you.
To be honest, I do really wonder, because I’m also on Win10 and have the same NotePerformer version and it works fine here.

And what if in the folder C:\Users\ingop\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine3_64 you delete the files ‘Vst2xPlugin Blacklist VSTAudioEngine3.xml’ and ‘Vst2xPlugin Infos VSTAudioEngine3.xml’ and then restart Dorico again, does it still get blacklisted?

I’m really puzzled why it’s not working with you.

Hi Ulf,

Yes, unfortunately it is still blacklisted in this case.

Not sure how to get it working.

Thanks.

Hm, what if you open a command prompt? Therefore press the Window key and then “cmd” without the quotes. Then “enter” and a little black window shall open.
Copy and paste the following command (this time with the quotes):

“C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico3\VSTAudioEngine\Components\vst2xscanner.exe” -p “C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\NotePerformer64.dll”

and then “enter” again. After that type

echo %ERRORLEVEL%

and yet again “enter”. Now a number shall appear. What is it showing with you?

Hello Ulf,

It is returning -1

I also ran Dorico 3 via the profiling with Dependency Walker to see if I could spot any missing dependencies

I was getting this in the output log:

LoadLibraryW(“C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3334892267d8a3d1\nvoglv64.dll”) returned 0x00007FF8D5E90000.
GetProcAddress(0x00007FF8D5E90000 [NVOGLV64.DLL], “DrvValidateVersion”) called from “OPENGL32.DLL” at address 0x00007FF8E586A898 and returned 0x00007FF8D69A4740.
DllMain in “NOTEPERFORMER64.DLL” returned 1.

(Dorico mentions a timeout at some point here and this continues on and on…)

Thank you

The weird thing is, also here with me it returns -1 and therefore NP should also get blacklisted with me, but it does not, as for many many other users.
So in the end, the behaviour that you see is correct, namely the scanner returns -1 and therefore the plug-in gets blacklisted.
I’m now also in contact with Arne Wallander on finding out why NP reacts that way with our scanner. Stay tuned.

Hello Ulf,

I have downloaded the latest version of NotePerformer and it is no longer being blacklisted.

Thank you,
Thordaine.

Thanks for the update, Thordaine. I already wondered about your case, because I did send you a private mail that you never collected. But anyway, good to hear that it is working now.

NotePerformer 3.3.1 has been released.