Noteperformer Mixer

How do I get the second page of the Noteperformer Mixer to appear? I’d like to adjust the volume for instruments that aren’t on the first page, but I don’t know how to find them.

Thanks much.

I’ve just loaded the Modern Orchestra template, assigned the Playback Template to Note Performer, clicked on each of the edit instruments buttons against in each instance of Note Performer in the right hand panel, and all the instruments show up (example attached).

Are you seeing less than 16 channels in your Note Performer Mixer?

I don’t think there is a “second page” for the NotePerformer mixer, is there? Surely there’s just a second instance of NotePerformer in the VST Instruments rack in Play mode containing the next 16 instruments.

I’m sorry to have bothered you guys. I thought I had a 17-voice score, but it is actually only 16, so everything is in fact showing. My bad.

Lew

I was about to start a thread on this but found this existing one. I still don’t understand. When I open the NotePerformer mixer, I can’t see all the instruments–for example, to solo strings, or turn up the Glockenspiel.

1 Like

could it be because they’re in a different NP instance? You can only see 16 instruments per instance. It’s not the same as the Dorico mixer where you can see all the instruments (provided things are set up correctly in the Endpoint)

2 Likes

Yes. I see what you are saying. NotePerformer has a drop-down that lets me select the second instance.

I guess since I did not explicitly select a second instance (like I would in a DAW browser), it did not occur to me that there was a second group of 16.

Solved. Thanks very much.

Konrad

yes, if you view the actual instrument in Play mode, you can see which instance it’s been allocated to as well.

I wonder if it is possible to stop the NP mixer from floating and blocking the view as I would like to have it behind my main window, just sticking out so I can reach it? Now if I need it at hand I have it below the window, with the top showing.