Notes won’t play simultaneously in the Key Editor

Hiya,

Please can I have some help, I have been searching online for hours now trying to find an answer to my problem with Cubase, but haven’t found an answer yet.

I am using Cubase 11 Artist edition.

When I draw in the notes in the piano roll view not all of them will play back, it is really bizarre. It happens no matter what VST I use.

For example if I draw a note it will play it back, but then if I draw another note an octave higher, it won’t play them both back it will only play the higher note, not both of them. If I delete the the higher note, it will then play back the lower note. They won’t play simultaneously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Ben

Hi,

Isn’t the instrument monophonic?

Hiya Martin,

Thank you for replying to the post.

The problem is when playing more than one note at a time. If I drew in the notes for a C chord for example, on playback the C note wont sound but the notes E and G will. Yet if I delete the E and G notes and just have the C note it will play it back.

Kind Regards

Ben

Note: Polyphony and monophony in instruments - Wikipedia

Do you have any MIDI plugin in your track? E.g. the context gate?

Hiya P.A.T

Thank you very much for your response, I don’t have any midi plugins on the track.

I am completely stuck as to why it is happening or why it has started happening.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Ben

Have you noticed the behavior described only for a certain project or does it always happen, i.e. also when you start a new, empty project?

Can you show a screen shot of the instrument used and patch please.