No more repression
Nothing new

Bashed and battered
Cracked and shattered
Nothing new
Broken and tattered
Nothing mattered
'cept you

A good oneā€¦liked the organā€¦(hopefully it is an organ or Iā€™m gonna give up) strong radio ā€˜ā€˜popā€™ā€™ feel about it and could hear REM singing thisā€¦in fact you sounded a bit like them here and there during this songā€¦
hope you donā€™t consider that an insult mateā€¦ :slight_smile: basically saying you as goodā€¦

best , Kevin

Cheers Kev, not the first time Iā€™ve heard the REM comparison. :slight_smile: Could be far worse thatā€™s for sure! :smiley:
And yes, itā€™s an organ :smiley: Soā€¦ phew! :laughing:

Hey Ian, is there a story behind this? I know Iā€™ve heard it before. As always, great arrangement and mix. You know what youā€™re doing.

I hear the REM connection too which is high praise imo! If there is anything to nitpick I thought the mix could maybe use a high shelf around 10khz range to brighten up. I have to remember to do this prior to export b/c my Yamahas are naturally brighter.

great stuff Ian ,but that`s nothing new. i could imagine Robbie Williams doing this song.very good.

A story? Kindaā€¦ though not specifically, though itā€™s got snippets of semi-autobiographical aspects to it I guess. Is that vague enough? :smiley: E.g. ā€œFruitful endeavor, failing foreverā€ - was a bit of a cynical commentary on my musical efforts.

You might be right though I do find that sort of thing to be very subjective and one of those things you can change your mind about from one day to the next. And Iā€™m also sure impressions of mixes change with the weather! :smiley:

Thatā€™s a nice idea! :slight_smile: I wonder if heā€™s looking for some new material?

:sunglasses:

Absolutely true. Itā€™s something Iā€™m more focused on too atm because of recent mixes Iā€™ve done that just needed more high frequency clarity.

I like it. I am sensing a pattern emerging here with these remixes and new material from you, in that I feel the vocal and drums are too far back, and the surrounding elements/instruments are just too loud, leaving the vocal fighting for recognition in the midrange. Not sure what to suggest, but one thing I might try is setting all that accompaniment back a bit using the faders and effectsā€¦ because they are right there up close, theyā€™re kind of hard to hear, even though theyā€™re loudest

Ohā€¦ one thing I forgot to suggest was maybe some harmony vocal once the second verse starts