Novation Launchpad Mini [MK3]

Just curious, is anyone here using a Launchpad Mini (or something like it) in place of a keyboard and mouse?

Controllers like these have lots of buttons (in this case, 64), are relatively small, and fairly inexpensive. I was thinking of using one to change Tools, select different Visibility Agents, apply DOP processes, run Navigation commands, control what’s displayed in the Inspector, execute various Menu Commands, etc.

Currently I use a combination of keyboard shortcuts and mouse-clicks to accomplish these things. I’d be interested to hear from someone with experience in this regard if using a controller like this actually speeds up their workflow.

Id love to hear back from someone on this too

what is a better product to use for Cubase 9.x on up - compatibility/usefulness in mind

Like a 25 key mini type rig for velocity sens, percussion and transport, knobs, sounds…

To be clear, I’m not asking about a keyboard controller. I have one of those (as well as a drum pad controller) and, together, they enable me to: 1) enter notes and drum parts; 2) control faders and pan knobs; 3) handle all transport functions; etc.

What I’m asking about is all the ‘auxiliary’ things we do routinely beyond the three things mentioned above. Specifically, change Tools, select different Visibility Agents, apply DOP processes, run Navigation commands, control what’s displayed in the Inspector, execute various Menu Commands, etc.

My question goes out to folks who currently use a grid controller (with a large number of small pads) to control these auxiliary things rather than use it for its intended purpose of triggering loops.

Thus I’d like to know if 1) grid controllers actually work in these off-label applications, and 2) after getting one people find it improves their workflow, or instead they ultimately revert back to using a mouse and keyboard.