Nuendo 11, crashing... a lot

No it isn’t.

Ha ha na na yes it is yes it is. Works great when it works period.

If an automobile behaved in like manner it would certainly be recalled.

Go ahead and tell me how I was able to do a ton of work in N11 and now N12 then. Editing, mixing and exporting all deliverables to network shows. No QC kickbacks because of a “terribly flawed software”, nor aesthetic complaints due to the same.

Sure. And I can imagine an owner of a new Ford posting on their Facebook page that “this car is terribly flawed” and then a Ford employee goes “Oh, I know exactly what that person is talking about when saying it’s ‘terribly flawed’, so now we know the problem and how to fix it so we’ll just recall the units”.

“Hi, this is support. How can I help you?”
“Software is flawed.”
“Can you be less specific please?”
Terribly flawed.”
“Thanks. We’ll solve it for you”.

Completely unproductive.

So much defensiveness. My experience is that of many others. I have found many work arounds that have for me through. I would not have stayed with Nuendo so long if I did not find it excellent when functioning. I think some of the problems I have had are related to heavy uad plugins. When I stopped using the some of these issues clears up. Also not rushing the software especially at exit has been very helpful in minimizing exit crashes. Disconnect from Internet while up has helped as well. I will not bother you all again; this was my first entry to posting and I think I had better leave to you pros

The problem, the reason you get such a negative response, is because you make a very broad, unsupported statement. You say that “This is terribly flawed software,” but provide no details as to what issues you’ve had, what you’ve tried. There’s no information, no request for help, just “This sucks and it is completely broken.”

Well then you have a bunch of people here who don’t have the same experience. People who have used Nuendo 11, and had very good experiences with it. Some even feel it is the most stable version they’ve ever used. So your experience seems like an outlier, but you’ve given nothing to work with, and no indication you are willing to work on things. Thus you find people just saying “No, you are wrong.”

If you want to try and solve it, don’t make such angry, broad, statements, instead say what is happening in detail. See if maybe someone else has had the same issue, see if someone can track down what might be going on.

For example I had issues with Nuendo 12. It just didn’t want to exit, I’d have to kill the process. Nuendo 11 didn’t have that problem, it took a long time to exit, but it did. So I posted about it here. Some back and forth, people said it was often an issue with plugins. I was having it with every project, but I do have some plugins I always use. So I tested some not-useful-just-test projects with only built in plugins. No issues there. Then I started playing with my plugins one by one and… it was BFD3. Turns out I was on a REALLY out of date version, and updating it not only fixed the hanging on exit, but it was no longer slow, it exits right away.

I had to work with people though. Nobody but me knows what is in my setup and I, like most of us, are running more than just Steinberg software and it all interacts. So I have to be a part of the diagnosis process.

When we gets posts like this on the forums it reminds me of work, I do IT for a living not audio, when someone puts in a ticket that literally just says “There is a problem with the computer.” No info on the problem, not even on what computer. They just complain, and then expect that we are able to use our magic wands to fix things. Sometimes they get mad when we ask for more info and say “this has been going on for months!” as though we should know that.

You have to tell people when you have a problem, be specific with what is happening, and work with them and answer questions if you want a resolution. Goes extra double on a user forum. Nobody here is being paid to deal with your problem, we are all just users helping each other out.

3 Likes

There are sometimes significant problems with some plugins (Waves for example), which search through all drives for their authorization. Nuendo then crashes because it takes too long. (A Windows problem).
There it is checked whether the computer configuration is the same and so each drive is checked. Network drives sometimes need a very long time.

You would notice it by the fact that inserting a certain plugin takes a long time.