Nuendo 11 for Mac freezes immediately on launch

For few days now, when I launch N11, it freezes immediately. The umbrella pops up and forces me to Force Quit right away. Since I got a license error a few days ago - unplugged and plugged my dongle and it started as usual -, I thought it might be some how related. So my next step was the check the eLicenser Control Center, except it doesn’t start neither. Just stays like this.

I’m running Nuendo 11 on MacOS Ventura 13.0.1. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Update: I tried re-installing the eLicenser but for some reason, after uninstalling, I keep getting this warning:

Nothing is running in the background that requires the eLicenser, that I know of.

Hi,
You need to be running Nuendo 11.0.41, that one is Ventura compatible.
Is your mac Intel or Silicon?

It is the 11.0.41 version.

It’s an iMac 27" 5k, late 2019 Intel

Captura de ecrã 2023-08-29, às 16.12.33

In that case, I recommend you run something like Onyx for Mac, to do some OSX maintenance on your system. Maybe there are permission issues, or something else going on.

Also, did you install something, anything, recently, after which the issue began, like a bad plug in?

Here, I am running this and it works fine:

Nuendo 12.0.70.464, MacBook Pro 2019 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel i9, Mac OSX 13.5.0 “Ventura”, Focusrite RedNet2, RedNet Control 2.9.1.1826, Dante DVS 4.1.2.3, Dante Controller 4.9.0.7.

Didn’t install anything new. It just started doing this out of the blue.

Maybe plug the USB licenser into a different USB slot? And clean your USB slots?

It’s working now. I had to restart my session and I was finally able to reinstall the eLicenser. For some reason it kept assuming there was something using the license in the background. Installed the app and nuendo runs again.

But I might have to buy another dongle since mine is 10 years old and literally wrapped in gafer tape.

Thank you for the help.

1 Like