Nuendo 12.0.40 Unstable, hangs, or just quit

Tried to upload a dumpfile here but it is too big…

It seems to be risky to create ins or outs or create new buses in the AUDIO CONNECTIONS/Studio…
And yesterday I had outboard gear connected to Nuendo, Wanted to calculate tempo…which got Nuendo to…shut down…When restarted my saved groups with the outboardgear was gone,deleted…

Still got problem with IZOTOPE but I guess that is something that Izotope have to solve.
Frustrated…Micke.

Hi,

Share the dmp file(s) via Dropbox or similar service, please.

OK!
Here is a link to my crash dump file…

Hi,

Sorry, for some reason, I have to log in to the Google account to be able to download the files. Please, make the link public.

Hi sorry… try now!
Micke.

Unfortunately there’s no way within Nuendo to save the “external FX” routing. (Why, Steinberg, why??!!)
As a work around, I get mine set up then close Nuendo, then locate the “external FX” .xml file in user/roaming/blahblah… and copy it to a safe place. Then when nuendo crashes or I want that routing back, I just replace the external fx .xml file in the Nuendo folder with the one I copied earlier and the routing is restored.

2 Likes

Wow! Ok Thanks , now I know that at least. But is there any one that can interpret my crash dump file? Martin.jirsak?
Nuendo12.DMP - Google Drive 5

1 Like

Wow, Thank you Graveley, like Mikael Nuendo crashing on close always deleted my outboard connections, a total pain!

5am

1 Like

Thank you for the insight. I have a similar problem with Nuendo 12.04. When I do a normal stereo mp3 export from my project, Nuendo crashes on me. With one of the projects when opening up the arrangement there after, everything was gone! I could not open the file.
I’m on a Mac mini M1 silicon chip and on Monterey 12.6.
Can someone help me please!?..Johan

Hi,

I have a problem to resolve this file. Could you please use ProcDump instead of TaskManager to generate a DMP file?

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

I have the same problem with Nuendo. It randomly quits.

Hi,

Please do as mentioned above.