Nuendo 12 installed without transferring previous settings?

I’ve a PC with Windows 10 updated

Hello

I just installed Nuendo 12, I took advantage of the “promo” to switch from N10 to N11 and then 12.

I installed and used Nuendo 11 for a few days, without any problem (all my “settings” had followed).

Then came Nuendo 12 that I installed, without any problem, except that NOTHING was transferred: audio connections, control room, presets, keyboard shortcuts, project templates, preferences … In short, the software was in the state 0 with everything to reprogram!

To solve this I had to go and find these settings in :

• C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 10.3 and copy them in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 12.

• and in C:\Users\DanDPL\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 10.3_64 to recopy them towards C:\Users\DanDPL\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 12

I think I got everything back, but what a waste of time!

I just wanted to let you know.

Sincerely

Daniel

Same here. Most upgrades pull the old settings into the new version, but occasionally it does not work. I have had to copy them over manually in the past and on this upgrade too - not sure why that happens. It also wanted to install N12 into my N11 folder :thinking: - that didn’t seem right either, so I didn’t let it do that - glad I was paying attention to the installer before pressed “GO”!

I don’t remember having this installation option in the N11 folder, but maybe this is their solution to keep the settings.

I upgraded 6 of our suites to N12 the last 2 days.
With 1 of them I had a minor Licensing issue where upon the first start of N12 there was no license available and it quit. I think (correct me if I’m wrong) that at the first start the configuration (and keycommands ant what not) folder gets created and during startup checks whether there are settings from previous installations to be carried over. The copying happens somewhere after the license-check so the old settings nevor got copied and at the second start after resolving the licensing issue the folder already existed thus not copying the old settings.

I quickly deleted the folder and reinstalled. Issue fixed.

(no problem with the other 5 though)

If the settings are not imported from the previous version, it is sufficient to delete (or rename) the settings folder and restart Nuendo (with the previous version available of course). That will take care of the settings import during the launch.