Nuendo 4.3 & Sonic Core Scope PCI [crash while closing]

Hi,

I’m quite new here. I use Steinberg products at home for almost a decade, but I decided to register after having trouble with Nuendo 4 at work.

We use a rather old IBM Thinkpad machine with Windows XP (SP3). It has a 90GB hard drive, a Centrino Dual Core CPU and 3 GBs of DDR2 memory. It is connected to an old DSP-box with 15 Shark DSPs via PCMCIA and is using Sonic Core’s Scope 5 as virtual studio environment. Nuendo is connected to that environment by the SCOPE PCI Asio driver.

The Nuendo 4.3 version has hords of installed plug-ins which take the application minutes to start. Sometimes the system crashes with a BSOD while loading, but if all plug-ins were initialized correctly - it generally starts without a problem.

The problem is, if I close the application. In four of five cases a BSOD cannot be avoided. It’s all the same “DRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL” with the significant error-code “0x0000008e(0x80000003, 0x804e2a66, 0x9ae44a5c, 0x00000000)” .

We tried almost everything to prevent this. We gathered all rights for all installed users in all folders on the machine. Increasing the virtual RAM or the buffer size and all the standard problem solvings were tried out. Without success. Samplerate in SCOPE (clock) is the same as in Nuendo (slave) - SCOPE is always loaded first and Nuendo works correctly - until we try to close it (indepent if it’s before or after closing Scope).

What could have caused this? Does someone know about the source of the problem. (Rebooting takes about 15 minutes)

The only solution now is for us never to close the Nuendo application. If we want to shut down the system Nuendo maybe quite helpful, because the BSOD shuts down the system after only three seconds.

I would be glad if someone has an idea.

Greetz, Steve

Why didn’t you post in the Nuendo forum?

It is not registered for me. It is registered for the company so I’m not given the rights to post into the Nuendo forum.

Greetz, Steve

As a rule, a BSOD is not caused by software, this pretty much always indicates a hardware problem of some kind.
It is very possible that the problem can be triggered by software, but it is very unlikely that it is caused by (any kind) of software.

Fredo