NUENDO 5.1.1 on MAC 12 CORE - CRASHES and is UNUSABLE.

NUENDO 5.1.1 on MAC 12 CORE - CRASHES and is UNUSABLE .

Is there anyone out there using a Mac 12 core SOLIDLY with LOTS of TRACKS and Midi ??

I get a beach ball every 15 minutes trying basic Audio Quantize or changing / adding audio plugins.

Greg Ondo tried to fix it via Sceen share, by trashing prefs. but still non working. that was 4 weeks ago.
I am DOWN !
Any ideas please . . I am in LA , I will gladly Pay to get this fixed by any POWER USERS HERE.

BTW: My old WINDOWS XP MACHINE with NU 4 & 4 X midex 8 was SOLID !

this is a new Mac DAW.

I am on 2 large Projects and PT is not for me. logic will be next if the Crap does not work.

Thank you In Advance for any help.

Cheers
Bobby

Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 12
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 24 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 6.4 GT/s
2 X 480 Gig SSD
1 X 4 TB RAIDs
UAD 2 quad Fulloaded
Waves
RME HDSPE RAYDAT & TC CARD
3 dell 24 Monitors

Can’t help you with this, but out of interest…and because we have a discussion over this, at my end…
What did you make choosing a Mac, when you knew that your former PC rig worked rock solid?

I think Sandy Vee (Britney Spears/Rihanna/Kate Perry) has a very similar configuration, uses loads of tracks and MIDI, and it works fine, as we can hear. I dunno if he’s lurking around in this forum though. But it should mean that it’s quite unlikely that N5.1.1 is the showstopper here.

Good question, I use both platforms, MAC & PC ( XP sp3). My PC DAW was Old & limited, I am working on a sample library and have thousands of samples, lots of tracks & Plugins. That my old PC could not do. The 12 core muscle for offline number crunching is what I need.

Cheers
B-)

Thanks you that would be interesting, if Sandy is a power user of Nuendo 5.

Thank you

B-)

hi bobby

we’ve hardly had a single crash on our 6 core. i’d be happy to have a look at your crash logs.

the first thing i’d suspect is a plugin. have you tried taking out the uad?

drop me an email if you like: max at redfacilities dot com

Really good of you Max, thank you Yes I will do.

I have few pals that are happy with there 6 cores. My fear is its a 12 core thing ;-(

Use Bootcamp and install Win 7 x64… , nothing to loose, plenty to gain.

yes thinking of this. but i could have build a smoking PC, for half the price of my 12 core :frowning:

And smoking they do… My core-wise meager i7, now on win7/64, is only smiling when it gets the larges npr thrown at, not even quite woke up over it. With its 12 GB of ram it is a surprisingly stabil, fast and powerful machine. After asscessing all aspects, the Mac had no advantages ( for us ), other than it costs 4 times as much for the 4 core. But, hey, a 12 core is certainly an excellent machine, too, when it works… Hope, you get help, soon.

email me at p at svennevig dot no, and I can try to help remote via TeamViewer or something.

I have only tested the 12 core for a couple of hours. Ran fine, but it was without UAD cards or TC cards.

In which slots are the cards placed?
Do the OSX install run in K64 mode?

Have you tried with just 2 screens working?
Is the 24GB RAM certified for the MAC pro?

etc.

Pål

Hi Pål, THANK YOU , for this offer. I will be in touch, I am away this week, will in the studio from Monday , and contact you.

Cheers
B-)

Hello,
I am running a 12 core mac pro with two UAD 2 cards and an Apogee symphony card. I use plenty of midi and lots of tracks and lots of plugins. My computer is a hungry beast. Rock solid 99% of the time. If you have any questions you would like to ask about my setup don’t hesitate to drop a line.

That is good news,

How can I contact you please?
Skype or email would be great.

Cheers
B-)

I have made 2 Videos of how CUBASE 6 on a Mac 12 core crashes, 100% reproducible. Plus a work around.

Hi Guys,

I found the cause of the cubase 6.0.2 Folder crashes. It seems if a folder has audio in it and a Ruler track, it crashes it every time i click on Group editting button.

When I move the ruler out of the folder , it stop crashing . Seem like a bug.

Please try to recreate.

Thank you

100% confirmed.

Happens every time.

Pål

…and logged with Steinberg.

/P

Thank you Pal

let me know if you want to stab ar my 12 core again.

Cheers B-)