NUENDO 5.5.XX white screen BUG See link

I think I found this Bug, please confirm
The white screen problem only seems to happen when I have one or more windows set to “Always on top”

I hade the Channel set to “Always on top”. now I have turn off “Always on top”, I have not had the white screen.

I may be a little ahead of my self, will test more, can someone else please try .

Cheers

B-)

No Such Luck White screens are back with or with out “Allways On Top”

Bummer, show stopper.

Bobby,

Have you tried backing up then trashing your current preferences and let Nuendo rebuild them? It would rule that out.

Also, Are these projects from templates created with an earlier version of Nuendo?

Hi Woodcrest, Yes I have done the prefs dump and rebuild, 5 times now :frowning:

the template ( + 346 Track) i use has been around for years, so yes its from an earlier version .

Cheers
B-)

Try rebuilding a template and see if the problem persists. Some screwy things can happen with templates created in earlier versions. I was told by Steinberg that it is good to rebuild your templates with each major version change of the software.

I would try this if you can cannot create the problem using a blank project with a sole midi track. If the problem persists coming from an empty project (starting a project from scratch) I got nothing else for ya. I suppose bootcamping is in order (which I do on my macbook for live recording).

good luck

Getting the same problem here on a Mac. No rhyme or reason. Just happens on certain sessions. NOT reproducible (by me) either.

Forgive me for possibly asking the same question twice.

But have the UAD-2 plugins been ruled out of the question?

Pål