Nuendo 6.0.6 maintenance update available

Trying to install 6.0.6 but when the installer is extracting it gets to about 90% and reports the following:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Setup.exe
Application Version: 2.2.4.0
Application Timestamp: 51d1a182
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1677
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 000000000000940d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

The same happens when i try and update Cubase 7.0.6, any ideas anyone?

Hello,

can you let us know the system specs/OS ?

Thanks,
Timo

Hi Timo,

Thank you for the response my system is this:

PC Win 7 Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 build 7601

Intel(R) Core™ i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 6 cores, 12 logical processors

64 GB Memory, 64Bit OS.

Running Cubase 7.05 and Nuendo 6.05

Regards,
5am

AAF improvements are not part of the update.

Checking in to take the pulse on N6. I’m on N5.5.6 - wondering what people feel are the greatest advantages in moving to 6 and the greatest drawbacks? I have not purchased N6 yet so I haven’t had my hands on it.

Would anyone recommend waiting until the next maintenance release at the end of the year? If it’s ready to go into service I’m happy to spend the money to upgrade. If it’s not, there are a lot of things I could spend $400 on that would help me right now and I have a system that’s functioning.

I often find it’s the little things that mean the most. The change in the breakpoints in N5 to larger squares and the automatic full screen crosshairs made a big difference to my workflow. Does N6 make your job easier?

Thanks!

Demo it.
I for one can’t work with N6 because of the shitty mixer. Sorry.

I look at upgrading as an eventual inevitability, but yes I should have a demo.

I actually haven’t been using the control room, but its interesting to know its a problem.

The point about it being a year since release was why I was hoping it might finally be ready. With other major releases it was just about bug fixes but this time the complaints seem to be more structural. I hope SB/Yamaha didn’t do something absurd like alienate the larger user-base just to satisfy the handful of people who will ever buy the Nuage.