Nuendo 8.2.10 on Mavericks 10.9.5 findings

Hi all,

Just a few things I noticed when running Nuendo 8.2.10 on OSX Mavericks 10.9.5
I’m aware Mavericks is not supported any more.

The component aes31filter.bundle crashes Nuendo on loading. Removing it (or replacing it with the one from 8.1) allows Nuendo to start normally. To do that, right click on the Nuendo app in the applications folder → Show package Contents → Components and aes31filter.bundle can be found in there.

Video is also not working in Mavericks, but the videoengine.bundle can be replaced with the component from Nuendo 7 with the old video engine (I can’t recall the exact version right now) and it works fine. You’ll find it again in the components folder as above.

The big one that could possibly be fixed?
When double clicking the Nuendo app to start (or launching it from the dock), Nuendo starts fine but it crashes constantly when saving a project or when copying plugins in the mixer and during many other functions. It doesn’t matter if it’s an older Nuendo project or a project created with 8.2.10

The workaround is to run Nuendo from the terminal.
To do that, right click on the Nuendo app in the applications folder → Show package Contents → MacOS
Open a terminal window and drag the Nuendo 8 unix executable file found in that folder in the terminal window and press enter.

Nuendo 8.2.10 runs solid after that. At least when I tested it for a couple of hours on various new, old heavy projects etc.

I read somewhere that launching apps via the terminal has something to do with paths and the app ignoring launch services and the info.plist in the app bundle but didn’t look any further.

Anyway, it would be great if Steinberg fixed this if it’s something simple, although again I’m aware OSX 10.9.5 is not supported.

Thanks,
George

Hi,

Nuendo 8.2 is not officially compatible with macOS 10.9. There are known issues.

Please, update your macOS (macOS 10.11 is the minimum system requirement).

Thanks for fixing this in 8.3 Steinberg, much appreciated!

Best,
George