Nuendo 8.2 maintenance & feature update - now available

Yeah, deleting all MediaBay aspects and custom colors was not a very great move…

I was waiting for something significant to jump into N8. This is it. I’m in.

Had ‘‘like a Newbee’’ Problem with Update download (Warning : Never doing one million things in same time lol)
But now N8 and all my Steinberg stuffs work perfectly now.

Since N6 version you are in my arsenal. Thank you Steinberg :ThumbUp:

Despite the reset of the MediaBay and the custom colors, I really like the update. Great performance improvements for mac users, Cubase features, Ambisonic buses and all of that for free. Awesome !

Adapt to zoom: Such a simple and small new feature, but it’s absolutely awesome. I’ve never been faster with surgical edits.

Make Steinberg Great Again!

Does 8.2 still have that “Iron Cross” cursor?

Yes, only on the timeline. Can I make a suggestion? If it really bugs you that bad, how about splitting the project window (upper/lower) and putting a ruler track right below the timeline. Works identically to the timeline but no Iron Cross and no accidental loop activation. 30 seconds and you"re golden.

This is a great maintenance update. Well done Steinberg!! The lines in the mixer channel I’m experiencing is a known bug but by no means a show stopper. Other than that I’m left with a very good feeling about current and future development :slight_smile:

Same for me. :frowning:
N8.2_HALION ERROR MESSAGE.jpg

GREAT IDEA!! :smiley: I just put a ruler track RIGHT UNDER the 1st one in the project window timeline and split the the project window right under the ruler track. Works just like you said. Now, it works just like N1 - 7!! Excellent work around! Thanks a lot!! :mrgreen:

Hi all. I went to install the 8.2 update and it says, on the customize page:

"Nuendo 8.2.0 Update - No Changes

Steinberg Nuendo 8 is not installed."

I’m running 8.1.0. Paid for and licensed.

All the other things - Generic Lower Latency ASIO Driver 64bit, Padshop 64bit, Content Updater, HALion Sonic SE - they can update fine. I went ahead with the install (it also asked if I wanted full or trial version) but when I opened Nuendo again, it says I’m still at 8.1.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Darren “Not Installed” Ingram

Nevermind: I just performed a complete install and it did fine. Something just got screwed up inside my computer I guess.

Thanks!

Darren “Nevermind” Ingram

The cursor is better but still too sensitive. I noticed that it generally took a considerable amount more maneuvering to get the events where I need them in the project window for editing. I hope they continue to work on that.

Also, here’s something I found odd. After checking and adjusting my templates in N8.2, when I returned to N7, MY CONTROL ROOM SETUP WAS DISABLED! :open_mouth: I had to completely rebuild the monitors section. It only took a couple of minutes. But WHY should it disappear just because of moving between iterations? Fortunately, this only happened once. Anybody else have that happen?

Help!
I updated Nuendo.
when i run the program start they crashing anyway ((
at the stage - loading of GUI resources

Win7
eLicenser 6.11.3.1229

Thank you Steinberg, N8.2 is a noticeable improvement. Looks better, feels better.

For several years when I Quit Nuendo after a long session, it would close the project correctly but then crash upon Quit. Not a show stopper but quite annoying. N8.2 seems to have fixed this. Excellent!

Nuendo is the best.
Fox.

Thanks for the update, but now MERGE TRACKS doesn’t work anymore!!! I am starting on a project today and I can’t believe this is happening, what is going on?

I saw a similar thing here.

I’m getting Score error 7.

Crashes often here on win 10. Had to go back on 8.1

I have now lost my Control Room 3 times since switching to N8.2. It keeps reverting to a one set of stereo monitors default setting , vrs my 4 sets of monitors template. What’s causing this?