Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Hello mbira,

this sale will last until Nuendo 10 is released in Q2 this year.

Next week we will (again) have more information about the Nuendo 10 release for you.

All the best,
Luis

Weirdly, there’s a different price for Cubase 10 Pro users on this page:

I’ve been doing game audio for 26 years now (so I guess the way I do things is old fashioned), but I can’t see anything which would want me to move from Cubase at the moment. IF they had the connect functionality for FMOD as well as Wwise, then perhaps - some of my clients use one, some use the other… but until then I think I’ll pass. I’m fine as it is naming markers with asset filenames for export etc.

But there’s no Cubase to Nuendo crossgrade on that page.

Hmm… bottom row, third from left…

Thank you. I’m a Cubase Pro 10 user and I don’t want to lose the new features. I understand they are coming in Nuendo 10. I don’t want to go without those features for a few months. Is it possible to buy the upgrade and not install/activate it yet and Cubase will still work until I activate?

No, that’s for crossgrading TO C10Pro (from e.g. Ableton, Logic, …).

Yes, that’s how it works. Once you make the purchase, you’ll be sent the license, just don’t activate it until you’re ready.

OK. Thanks. I just wanted to be sure that the purchase wouldn’t deactivate my Cubase Pro license immediately.

What is the minimum version? Elements, artist, pro?

Thank you. I’m a Cubase Pro 10 user and I don’t want to lose the new features. I understand they are coming in Nuendo 10. I don’t want to go without those features for a few months. Is it possible to buy the upgrade and not install/activate it yet and Cubase will still work until I activate?

Yes, just wait to install it when you want is my understanding. You’ll be entitled to the Nueando 10 update too, so it ought to be possible to wait and then when available just install Nuendo 10 since major updates don’t depend on having a current version already installed.

Read the thread… :unamused:
Pro

Just pretend you are purchasing Nuendo and it will list all prices for all cross grades that are available, yes?

What do you mean by „all prices for all crossgrades“? There is one crossgrade from Cubase top line version 4-10 and one crossgrade price. Really not that complicated…

I repeat my question: is update from older versions of nuendo to N8 also eligible for free update to N10 version ? I`m N5 user.

Hello Latro,

yes, the Grace Period for Nuendo 10 has already started so any Nuendo activation (Nuendo 6 and newer) that happens now until the N10 release is eligible for a free update to Nuendo 10.

All the best,

Quoted from the very first post in this thread:

Nuendo 10 update
Best of all: all purchases in the framework of this Sales offer quality for
a free update to Nuendo 10, later in Q2/2019. That means no extra payment
for the update, as the Grace Period has been extended to cover this Sales action.

Hi Luis
Thank you for your response. I just wanted to be sure. Have a nice day.

I have a burning question.

If I buy the crossgrade now, I but not activate it, will my Cubase continue to work until Nuendo 10 comes and then I activate the version 10 for free?

Or, will the shopping immediately stop Cubase license?

I ask because, for example, Variaudio 3 does not seem to be in version 8 of Nuendo. So, my current Cubase projects may not open/work properly in version 8.

Once you press the “buy” button, your computer will implode…
Read that thread it has been asked and answered already - unbelieveable… :unamused:

This has honestly been posted all over the place, and you’ve also been cross-posting the exact same question.

Seriously, for the love of Zeus, Thor, and the Holy Forum gods, just read all the Nuendo 10 and crossgrade threads, and you’ll see it over and over. And I’ll even answer it again here:

When you buy the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo, you will get an Activation Code for Nuendo. This magical Activation Code needs to be MANUALLY added to your eLicenser control panel, while an eLicenser is simultaneously plugged in that already has a valid Cubase 4-10 Pro license on it. When you put the Activation Code in the eLicenser control panel by your own human hands, it will then REPLACE your Cubase 4-10 Pro license with a brand new Nuendo 8 license. That’s it. The “replacement” of the Cubase license means REPLACEMENT. In other words, it REPLACES your Cubase license so you CANNOT run Cubase any more, at all, period. Replace = Replace. You can then only run Nuendo 8. That’s it. End of story.

However, you can WAIT to input the Nuendo Activation Code into the eLicenser… you can WAIT, which means you can WAIT. Yes, you can “wait” (again, as in “WAIT”) as long as you want to… until 2021, 2022… until the Sun expands and consumes our solar system… and while you WAIT, your Cubase license will remain intact as a CUBASE LICENSE. Which means nothing will happen to your existing Cubase license. Which means you can still run Cubase. As long as you don’t put your Nuendo Activation Code in. Does that make sense?

So guard that Nuendo Activation Code and protect it with your life. Hold it sacred until the very moment you want to REPLACE your Cubase license. Then you’ll be good to go, okay?

One more note: When Nuendo 10 comes out, Steinberg will provide a free upgrade from your Nuendo 8 license to Nuendo 10 because you bought the Nuendo 8 crossgrade during this sales action… which means that you are in the grace period. Period.

So can we put this question to bed once and for all and forever in every thread in the forum?