Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

But will Cubase still work if I buy the crossgrade NEXT WEEK? :astonished: :laughing:

…in bed.

Edit- to add a serious note…Cubase install is 21gb whereas Nuendo is 13gb. So… what is it we lose by crossgrading to Nuendo?

I don’t know what to say except I am grateful for the elaborate answer and please forgive me for my dumbness.

8 GB :laughing:

Cubase 9.5 (which is the Version you should probably compare Nuendo 8 to, rather than Cubase 10) has 12 GB download size.

No apologies needed, most of my response was also an attempt at humor (which probably didn’t translate that well to the 5 people that probably read it). But in all seriousness, the Nuendo forum is not the most active, and it might take a little patience getting an answer, and/or you are better off just digging around existing threads, and you’ll eventually find your answer. Hope you find all the info you need, and if your workflow suits the extra features of Nuendo (or vice versa), you’ll find it to be a very powerful tool in your arsenal. I’m glad I finally moved on from Cubase. Cheers!

Yup, a bunch of extra content in 10, some of it quite good. I’m assuming they’ll duplicate the new Cubase 10 content for Nuendo 10.

And more precisely, these are the big new content files that are “extra” from the Cubase 10 installation that you will be missing from Nuendo 8, which accounts for most of the size discrepancy. I am assuming that when Nuendo 10 comes out, these vstsound libaries/licenses will also be included, but for now Nuendo 8 users can’t use them. They are all found in the “VST Sound” folder:

Thanks for this great offer Steinberg!
Went from Cubase 6 to Nuendo today and it feels good. The free upgrade to Nuendo 10 made it a no brainer really, I love Steinberg so much.

Hello:

I’m thinking to do the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo.

I would like to know if Nuendo has the same features of Cubase ( vsti compatibility, projects compatibiliy, fx etc).

I’m aware that Nuendo has more post prod/ vodeo features, but i would like to produce music in Nuendo like I do in Cubase.

Thank you !

Why not read first before posting? Also this question has been answered in this thread already… :unamused:

Welp, I’m part of the Nuendo family!
One question: my license says “Nuendo 8 (DAC)”
What does ‘DAC’ stand for?

DAC stands for download access code, or simply said the code we type in to activate a software with the elicenser.

Nuendo used to have an extra kit to get all of Cubase extras that weren’t included. This version (currently Nuendo 8) has that included. I see Nuendo as the Cubase version with added functionality, some options in the menu I will never use honestly, so if you’re only making music Cubase is a great platform, I used just about every option available there.
As I make a youtube music video every now and then I am very interested in the next Nuendo version which has perhaps (hopefully) added videorendering. That would be the icing on the cake. Especially if one could render to h265 (HEVC) or vp9 (the quality difference compared to older types is noticeable) I will be on cloud nine.

Actually, the DAC in Nuendo 8 (DAC) stands for “Double the Awesomeness of Cubase” and when Nuendo 10 is released, the license will be upgraded to Nuendo 10 (TAC) and TAC will stand for “Triple the Awesomeness of Cubase” :wink: Aren’t you glad you joined the Nuendo family?

Thank you svennilenni, You are very polite.

I repeat my question, if someone please could help me out with an professional answer:

I’m thinking to do the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo.

I would like to know if Nuendo has the same features of Cubase, if the projects compatibility is full or not (VST’i, plugins, as well)

I’m aware that Nuendo has more post prod/ vodeo features, but i would like to produce music in Nuendo like I do in Cubase.

Thank you !

As I wrote before - the question had been answered on the first page of the thread. Start being professional yourself, and read… :unamused:
And yes, it is an open secret that I am one of the most polite users of the forums…

Hi! Another Cubase 10 user here, considering the upgrade to Nuendo 8/10.

I was wondering if someone (maybe Timo?) would be able to clarify something.

There’s been an announcement at GDC of the pricing of Nuendo 10. KVR reports: “Nuendo 10 will be available through resellers and the Steinberg Online Shop in Q2 2019. The suggested retail price for the boxed version of Nuendo 10, which includes the required dongle, will be 999 euros, whereas the download version will be available for 979 euros. These prices include German VAT.”

This seems to suggest that, going forward, the price of Nuendo (and, I assume, upgrades and crossgrades) has been cut permanently. I’m in Australia, so not sure how this new price compares to the current sale price of Nuendo 8.

Is this correct? For me, this could help me make a decision on the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo, as the significantly more expensive upgrade path I’d be buying into in future is a big consideration. If this was potentially going to be a little more affordable moving forward, I think I’d take the plunge on those extra features.

Thanks!

This is exactly how I’m reading it – that the price has been cut permanently. I might be wrong, and obviously, would be nice to get official confirmation, but the official quote from Timo reads:

We are dramatically reducing the price for full and update licenses of Nuendo 10 to give back to the many professionals who already benefit from Nuendo and those who are toying with the idea to switch. Everyone needs to understand why we believe that Nuendo 10 is the most cutting-edge digital audio workstation today.

That certainly reads like a permanent price cut. If so, sounds good to me! That means more users, hopefully more revenue overall, more development resources, more industry adoption, I’ll take that. Nuendo 10 release might be a pretty important moment for Steinberg’s pro audio division… let’s hope it’s a solid and stable release out of the gate so the uptake will be positive going forward.

Yeah, it sounds good to me too, if that’s the case. There are a lot of people I know interested in Nuendo and if it’s more affordable to buy and upgrade moving forward I know they’ll jump on it. Traditionally, the price has been just a bit too much for those I know who are working in that mid-tier level of music production with occasional forays into music-to-picture or sound design. Would love to get official confirmation.

Just out of interest, is this new price (979 euros) exactly the same as the current Nuendo 8 sale price? In other words, could this sale be read as the start of the official, permanent price cut? I’m not in Europe so only able to see the Australian pricing.

The question that starts to come up for me is that is seems like Steinberg is taking a closer look at differentiating Cubase and Nuendo.

Moving forward, is there any clarity on whether Nuendo will ALWAYS have the same feature set that Cubase has, or will Nuendo focus more and more on post audio and game audio features and perhaps leave more music production features to Cubase. I know that it used to be that way and we had the NEK, and then they got rid of the NEK and integrated everything, but moving forward…for those of use that are Cubase users and considering making the switch will we be stuck in a couple years with Nuendo not updating core music creation features?

I’d love if someone from Steinberg would be willing to answer this to the best of their abilities. There are very few features that are in Nuendo that I need, but I have needed surround sound a few times and I really like the randomizer, so I’m considering the switch, but I am primarily a composer and I don’t want to be stuck regretting the switch in a couple years…

I second this! Also wondering what upgrade costs will be for Nuendo?