Nuendo as front end for Pro Tools

Can someone provide me with where I can find information for setting up Nuendo as a MIDI front end for Pro Tools?

I have pro Tools 10.2 Native.

…errr…

Please sir, I don’t understand the question…

(shuffles feet)

I would like to run Nuendo and Pro Tools simultaneously, using Nuendo for MIDI and Pro Tools for audio.

I would like to know how I canslave one of the programs to the other.

On the same PC? Good luck with that one. :laughing:

DG

Does Pro-tools do ReWire? That’s the only way I can think of…

It does sound like a difficult way to work with audio and MIDI - Nuendo brings the two together beautifully, why not stick with Nuendo?

It does sound like a difficult way to work with audio and MIDI - Nuendo brings the two together beautifully, why not stick with Nuendo?

Because some of the people I work are Pro Tools users.

I bought and started working with Pro Tools but their MIDI implementation is lacking so I decided to go back to Nuendo but would like to work with Pro Tools if need be.

The MIDI programming and automation in Pro Tools leaves so much to be desired that I figured if I collaborate with a Pro Tools user it would be nice to use Nuendo for MIDI.

I hear of a lot of people doing this with Performer and Logic, both as MIDI “machine” in conjunction with Pro Tools, that I figured I could try it.

I remember couple of years ago I did just that. I believe it got to do with your interface.
In my case it was Lynx.
Pro tools must open first and Nuendo work as a slave to it.

Connection is all got to do with the interface.

The DAWs are on 2 different computers.

Logic used to have a special mode to work with PT hardware and PT DSP plugins.

I’ve connected them together on the same computer using the IAC driver on Mac, only to see if it could be done though, didn’t try anything heavy. John.