Nuendo still can't export videos from a 96 KHz project!

Hi.

I work in the video game industry. In our line of work, making previs videos is an integral part of our production workflows. I myself work with 96 KHz material most of the time, and it’s infuriating how Nuendo still cannot do video exports from a 96 KHz project!

I’ve got the following requests:

• Please expand the video file quality options. Allow us to use higher audio sample rates if needed. How about having uncompressed audio as the audio track? Sometimes the video quality doesn’t have to be so high either, why can’t we change at least some basic quality presets to make the files smaller if we want?
  • Somehow make the system to be able to downsample the audio mixdown before the video file gets built, just like the Audio Mixdown options allow us to have the exported file in different sample rates than what the project uses! Why can’t the same options and flexibility be applied to video exporting?
2 Likes

+1 in my opinion more options would be very welcome, especially the ability to export in a format which accommodates uncompressed audio.

Yes, if your first request was available this would be a nice additional option to have.

1 Like

I understand your frustration to a certain extend, but why do you really need 96khz for video exports specifically? For sound exports it’s obvious, but are there any platforms that playback 96khz video files?

I’m sorry but you misunderstood me completely. :face_with_monocle:

I DON’T NEED to make the video files to have 96 KHz audio. I did not mean that AT ALL. WHAT I NEED IS to be able to export videos from 96 KHz Nuendo projects, because I edit and mix my game audio assets in 96 KHz projects!

To make video exports with the current Nuendo capabilities, first I have to export the timeline to audio mixdown from my 96 KHz project, then switch to a 48 KHz video exporting project, import the aforementioned 96 KHz mixdown there and downsample that just for the video export… it’s really frustrating!

Do you understand the problem now?

2 Likes

of topic:
wow wow settle down sheezh I was just asking …
It’s not like you explained it like that thoroughly, as you did just now.

on topic:
you could try to replace audio in video by some software like Shutter Encoder.
So you export your file as 48khz and in shutter encoder you choose replace audio in video. it won’t rerender anything just create a new file.
wouldn’t that be a way to work around this shortcoming in the meantime?
or am I still not understanding you?

ps. I agree that this should be easier.

Does the new replace audio in video change anything?

No. Right now, that doesn’t export uncompressed audio.

Yo, that would only solve the issue to a certain extent - sometimes I even need to edit the video track in Nuendo. The only way to export that out would be Nuendo’s Video Export.

Yes agreed