number of ins and outs in nuendo

Is the maximum number of ins and outs physical ins and outs of the sound card I could get in the nuendo including external effects and Control Room outs

1 Like

I think there is no software limit to the amount of ins and outs. As long as your computer can handle it.
Then again, I’ve never used more than the 36 I/O my RME card can supply.

If I am not mistaking, Steven @ Yellowcab in Paris is using two MADI cards, for having a total of 128 channels.
We have standard 64 channels on each machine, through a single MADI card.

Fredo

we have a RME madi FX and we can use 192 in/out
All best,

Cubase is 256 mono ins and outs And believe or not it’s not enough for what I need to do…I checked out vepro but it can’t access the slave computer hardware… and I can’t find any lan vst based solution… system link would work.but I will have to break up the tracks And run the 3rd Madi port between both PC’s I would run 2 Madi FX cards per PC… anything…if I could get a number of ins and outs for nuendo I could slap 4 Madi cards in 1 PC and use Vepro to run uad cards due to lack of pcie slots

Hello,
Most of our 9 Nuendo systems are MadiFX cards with 194x196 I/O and we use them all. Works fine.
Hugh

So all the inputs show up and your and you can use them as external effects and ins and outs I’d really like to know what the maximum Channel count is no one seems to know

It’s probably the same as Cubase I don’t think anyone knows the real answer but that would be fantastic if it was unlimited cuz my computer could definitely handle that

Probably. Cubase is 256 physical inputs and outputs as confirmed in your Cubase thread on this.

Anything concrete on this yet? We’ll be upgrading our soundcard this spring from our current 128×128 to one that’s 512×512. 128 output channels will be dedicated to the Dolby RMU, leaving us with 384 out and 512 in.
While 256 should be enough at the moment, we’re constantly building toward the future and I’d like to know that we’ll be able to use all of them if we so choose.
PT-HDX maxes at 256. Nuendo is far ahead of ProTools that being limited to that seems beneath it.
Being able to use all 512 channels would allow us to keep the RMU connected on dedicated channels, all of our analog tools on dedicated channels, and still have more available channels for tracking than we’ll ever likely need.

Go to the Steinberg home page and search for “Compare Nuendo and Cubase”.

Unless there is some other authoritative information, this is the officially supported I/O capacity under “Physical Inputs & Outputs” on the comparison page.

1 Like

Nuendo 12 has a limitation of 256 physical inputs AND outputs.

If you cannot do it with that many IO, then… LOL really.

256 channels are definitely a lot. To be fair, I have seen audio applications that used more channels, but people with such needs usually have the resources to engineer a multi-machine, multi-interface, synced rig. Good on them if they do, but it definitely does not take away from Nuendo’s potence with “only” 256 channels. Not to mention since the 256 are physical I/Os, Nuendo rigs can also be synced and the additionals channels can still be streamed as tracks onto just one rig. The 256 is a limitation only for physical inputs. (Funny to call it “limitation”…)

1 Like