Nvidia + Cubase 8 Issue

My MSI motherboard came with a utility to check for the mobo drivers. And even though I hate having extra background processes running, I set this utility to remind me to check weekly. That reminder reminds me to go to the Nvidia website and check for graphic card drivers (the Nvidia Experience program would do similar reminders if I installed it). I always upgrade to the latest drivers for both when they are available. For the graphics card I always do the clean/custom install process I mentioned. For the mobo I just install the main drivers and bios updates (unlike the “old days” the bios gets updated directly in Windows) and never install the HD audio driver or other utilities that are offered.

I think many would say “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. And they might be right esp if their audio computer is used for business income. But for me, I say I want the latest. And so far all has gone well… knock on wood. :wink:

Regards. :sunglasses:

Have been following this and other threads regarding this issue, and just wanted you all to know what I found out.

Having a changing backround on my desktop that swaps every 1 minute made my Cubase 8.5 crack at the exact moment the change accur.

So get rid of those nice pics of distand planet systems and dystopian rust and pick a boring beige screen and it might make some of your cracks and pops disappear!

i7-5820K 3.3gHz
64GB Ram
NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti; Driver 378.66
Asus x99-Pro Mobo
Saffire Pro 40 via Firewire>Thunderbolt adapter.