Odd dual display gui corruption

So I recently bought a 2nd monitor (touchscreen but this is probably irrelevant).

Both monitors are running at native resolution which is different for each. This seems to work fine except for this Cubase gui issue.

I set up so that my lower monitor (primary) has mixer, transport, vst performance & my upper monitor (secondary) shows the main project window.

If I open a project/start new project with the project window on the lower monitor & then drag the project window to the upper monitor everything is fine.
But if I reopen that project or start any new project with the project window already open on the upper monitor my project lanes are actually mixed up with the ruler area & nothing can fix it. I have to close project, move project window to the other monitor, reopen project & then move the project window to the upper monitor again.

Anything I could try to stop it doing this??

I already trashed prefs which didn’t help.

O/S: Win 7 HP(x64)
CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 2.80GHz
Ram: 12Gb
Graphics: Nvida GeForce 9500GT

DAW: Cubase 6.04 (x86)

It’s an old suggestion… Have you updated to the latest video card drivers?

I use two monitors, no probs, and there’s lot of posts from many people who do too. The one thing that’s different here is the upper/lower positioning, most people go side-by-side. Then the different resolution, most people buy the same monitor and run at the same res.

So, just to narrow things down, does the problem still occur if you set the monitors for side-by-side display? How about setting the monitors both to the same resolution?

If you can find a way to repeat the problem then Steinberg will probably investigate and may raise it as a bug… If I have time on Sunday I’ll check it out too.

Mike.

Thanks for your thoughts. Apologies for the long reply!

Yeah…The Nvidia drivers are up to date…actually I may try rolling back to an earlier driver to see if it’s any different.

I use two monitors, no probs, and there’s lot of posts from many people who do too. The one thing that’s different here is the upper/lower positioning, most people go side-by-side. Then the different resolution, most people buy the same monitor and run at the same res.

I’ve previously used dual displays with no problems. I ended up with this setup because I don’t have space for side by side & also with the new monitor being a touch screen I wanted it close to hand.

does the problem still occur if you set the monitors for side-by-side display?

No it doesn’t seem to.

How about setting the monitors both to the same resolution?

Interestingly I also expected this to fix it but the problem was still there.

Also tried swapping primary & secondary & it’s only the secondary monitor that it happens on (whichever that happens to be) So by making my upper monitor primary it sort of bypasses the problem for me as I’ll usually be opening projects from that window.

I could repeat every time but I doubt Sb will get the same results…if anyone has W7 (x64?) & dual display & wouldn’t mind trying to repro would be interested to hear the results.

Possible Repro steps:

1. Setup W7 dual monitors so one is above the other (right click desktop/set resolution, drag the panels)
  2. Note which is your primary monitor. i.e it says this is currently your main display in the resolution panel.
  3. Open Cubase & it should open on your primary monitor. Open a project & everything should be fine.
  4. Close project
  5. Move the main window to the secondary monitor
    6.Open project, check ruler area for corruption.

Brand new project will do the same as existing but with no tracks/events it just looks like the ruler is missing.

I have my monitors side by side so not had that problem. Regardless, I wondered if you’d tried the works spaces option to return the windows to the right place…

Hi,

Well, I’ve twiddled about for 15 mins or so but I’ve not been able to achieve any corruption. It’s working perfectly for me here. Tried differing resolutions, differing positions, differing main monitor etc.

Win7x64, (cheap) ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card, dual Iiyama monitors at 1920x1600.

Only difference is that I’m using Cb 6.0.2. Haven’t installed any updates yet.

Mike.

Hi I´ve got the same situation since I installed all last summer. I described the issue to tech support including screenshots but no reply since. I have bellow the main monitor 1366x768 and the the upper secondary monitor 1920x1080. HW/SW: Nvidia GeForce GT 520, Win7x64, Cubase 6 the latest build on x64 (Cubase 32/64 bit does not matter), all drivers updated. The only workaround is to open project on the main monitor then move upward to the bigger one.
See the picture with typical corrupted screen layout when opened in window on secondary monitor (maximized/normal does not matter).