offline processing with plugins ?

Hi,
I was under the impression that there would be something equivalent to “audiosuite” (pro tools) editing in wavelab 8, that is where I could FINALLY choose my own offline Timestretch tool or any plugin instead of being stuck with realtime plugings in the master section or track fx

Seems I was wrong or there is some hidden menu somewhere. What is soooooo difficult about having a simple menu with all plugins in the system to be able to simply process a particular section without fiddling with the master section
Best regard to all
Mark haliday

Nothing difficult about it. ISO assuming things are like ProTools, did you try the manual? I think you’re looking for a function called ‘Render’.

Seems I was wrong or there is some hidden menu somewhere. What is soooooo difficult about having a simple menu with all plugins in the system to be able to simply process a particular section without fiddling with the master section.

In WaveLab 8, there is a new function which goes in the direction you like, it’s called “Render in place”
2013-07-22_16-08-40.png
Yes, you have to use the Master Section, but why is it a problem? You select a plugin from a menu, as you wish. Then with the new function, you can render instantly with one click.

Check the manual in the chapter called “In-Place Rendering” which describes an interesting operation mode…

Ok folks, thanks but as a very long time user of wavelab of course I know render etc.

It’s just that if my master section is already crowded with plugins for a montage and I just need to timestretch a file or a piece of a file with a third party timestretch like for example Waves SoundShifter offline plugin, I don’t see how to do it, since it is an OFFLINE plugin. I just wanted to find these plugins in the process or tools menu.

I know wavelabs own timestrecth is good, but i just like to be able to choose depending on the program material

By the way,
I was able to install 8.01 on my XP machine but the install process with 8.0.2 process seems to go wrong I get a

Cannot load the “WlPlugin8” plugin

message. Ok I know this software is supposed to be w7 or 8 only, but 801 seems to work like a charm on my Xp sp3 machine

Mark

In that case you can use the Master Plugins inside the montage itself (new in WL8) and put the offline plugin in the Master Section and render just that selection.

Yeah, others found out before you - WL 8.02 does not function anymore on XP. (see recent forum history)

WaveLab does not support third party plugins that change the number of samples (eg. time stretch), but if they are Direct-X plugins.