Oh My! 4.3 Looks Fantastic!

Absolutely great, thanks Team!

Bravo!

Excellent work, thank you so much!

I’ve finally reclaimed some disk space by uninstalling v3.5. It is officially no longer needed!

2 Likes

Good idea! My creaky old MacBook was getting a tad full.

Force duration is now sticky in 4.3. Three cheers for that one. What an amazing update. Makes me want to buy shares in Dorico but I don’t think you can :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

For me, having the spacing percentages in Engrave mode is a massive deal. It makes it really quick to pinpoint which system can cope with an extra bar – or which you need to take a bar from – when you’re trying to make manual adjustments.

Also, clef changes at both ends of a selection. :heart:

Also, lyric options and export; and splitting notes!

4 Likes

Finally: The long awaited notation of a drum roll with a “clear” ending note. Yippie! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What an amazing update. I just watched the introductory video, but with 4.3, the development team is really supercharging our workflow (the motto of this development cycle). Big Kudos to everyone involved.
I will dig in all the detailed videos and version history later tonight, and can’t wait!

2 Likes

Excellent update! Thanks for all the hard work! :heart:

The option of the Default output level is also very welcome! At the moment there seems to be no dB-display of the level controller?
Default Output Level

there isn’t (but you can see the results in the mixer itself)

2 Likes

Stunning as usual. Somehow I keep managing to be amazed at each release.

Automation editing is everything I could have wished for, thanks team from the bottom of my heart.

4 Likes

look here

Editing multiple instruments in different colors in the piano roll !
:smiley:
This is a game changer from my old-timer perspective. The only other tool I have used that offered this was called EZVision, released 1990, otherwise an entry-level sequencer. When a mix engineer friend saw it in 1994 he envied the display!

So far I have not touched the key editor in Dorico, working with just notation for the past 16 months – and, really, I haven’t done any serious sequencing work since Vision died 20 years ago. Thank you, Team!

5 Likes

Thank you for finally allowing us to hide a note head! Wonderful update all round!

As others, I am speechless at the array of features just added to Dorico. The Key Editor update alone is jaw-dropping.

5 Likes

The chord notes combined with the new “repeated” rhythmic split is a huge time saver and on top of that the editor is now better than ever. Thanks for the great work Dorico.

I’m only just getting around to looking at the changes in 4.3. You folks are on fire! It’s like you’re really serious about this stuff! I appreciate all of your work. Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s always nice to discover pleasant surprises on your cake day—have a happy one!

1 Like