OMF Import-Strange Behaviour

OMF import is behaving strangely -

From the same FCP OMF export…

Import first OMF and it gets placed at 01:00:00 (this video editor always works at 01:00:00 from project start)
Import all the remaining OMF’s and they get placed at the beginning of the N6 project - not at 01:00:00 like the first OMF.

If I do the first OMF import, delete it and then re-import it, it gets placed at the N6 project start.

So, if I import an OMF, delete it and re-import it, it gets placed in a different position.

Ok, further testing reveals…

Open N6, import OMF = placed correctly (01:00:00)
Any further OMF imports get placed at start of the timline (project start) 00:00:00:00 etc

Create new project without shutting N6 down.

All OMF’s get placed at the timeline start, including the one that was placed at 01:00:00

Shut Nuendo down. Restart, open the OMF project.

First import gets placed correctly. Re-do the same import and it gets place at the top of the project.

Result: OMF only works correctly the first time when N6 has been opened. Any other OMF imports are incorrect.

This is exactly the same OMF imported a few times. The files placed at the beginning were imported when I had done previous OMF imports when N6 was already open (i.e jumping between projects). The files placed at the 01:00:00 mark were done when it N6 was opened fresh and it was the first import.

N6 64bit W8, ver. 6.04 and with ver. 6.05

f

Hey Lydiot! Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the additional post.

Yip, hopefully they’ll get it sorted out. In the meantime I have a workaround solution…! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Robin

Hey Robin,
Mind sharing your workaround?
Thanks.