ॐ one big tree ॐ

Hi all!

Check out my latest song:

http://soundcloud.com/edencane/one-big-tree

Enjoy.

Best. Eden.

great song…great sound and nice arrangement except I feel that it lacks at least an 8 bar break somewhere, Kevin

Hi Kevin.
Thanks for you response. I appreciate your taking the time. (-:

A middle-8 is worthy of debate.
I could make a change, or rearrange
but in the end its my ear
and stuff that I reflect
that’s set to challenge
what you hear
with all due respect

best.L.

Works for me. Nice fairly minimalistic approach. I liked the variety you have put in the vocal parts.

Thanks hko.
Since the tonal harmony of the piece is all one chord em sus 11… it was quite a balancing act to keep the ear interested… (-: … the guys from celemony deserve a medal for their DNA technology…
You can check out my version of hallelujah (Leonard Cohen original) SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Best. Eden.

I really love message the guitar work-vocals the breakdown. Hum did I leave anything out…really like how the vocal sat in mix and would like to hear more about the eq/effects chain you used on vocal. The guitar had a great stereo spread it was very effective…I wouldn’t change a thing or add another not to it

Thank you so much kzarider (-:

Well, hahah… where do I start… The vocal chain looks something this:
rawVocal → melodyne → rendered2NewAudio → izotope dynamics(compression) → izotope eqlzr → cubase variaudio → roomworksReverb
then the vocal is on a pre fader send to echoboy, the aux track for the send has again some izotope eq…
The vocal then is heavily automated with panning, send levels,
Ive taken the approach to alternate vocal panning per pharse, for example ‘the love is gone’ … I didnt want any of this alternation stuff to be over obvious…

I also took the approach on some vocals where I had the original vocal and an aux send, the send would be delayed, 100% wet with echoboy but just for a very short slapback on the other channel… echoboy on 16ths customised, I think I used 3/16 and 7/16, with diminishing volumes…

melodyne and variaudio are 2 different beasts… melodyne allows for much finer control of drift and pitch but is very harsh on the transitions between notes
variaudio can be very sweet on the transitions and adds some real nice colour at those points. It doesnt have the finegrained control of melodyne.

Thanks again kza and check out my other stuff on Stream edencane music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud (-:

Love the music!

Hi Kevin.
Thanks for you response. I appreciate your taking the time. (-:

A middle-8 is worthy of debate.
I could make a change, or rearrange
but in the end its my ear
and stuff that I reflect
that’s set to challenge
what you hear
with all due respect

A change is a good as a rest,
listener fatigue is the ultimate test.

I love this sorta stuff, very cool harmonies, the music reminded me of harry manx stuff which is never far from my player. well done.
I thought the mix was great but my own taste would’ve been a hint more bottom end. anyway, welcome to this music joint

Listened to your other stuff…“I want money” is excellent…

Thank you very much Kevin (-:
A musician friend of mine is working with the stems of “I want money” to create a techno / dance version…
That should be fun!

Best.Eden

Very nice little tune! For me, it kept my attention throughout, musically and topically!

:sunglasses:

Hi twilightsong. Thank you so much (-:
Im really thrilled!

There’s more of my stuff at Stream edencane music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud
Check it out … yea! (-:
All the best.Eden