Open Cubase VST24 files in Windows 10?

Hi!

I have a lot of songs created in Cubase VST24 for Mac in the late nineties. Now I run Windows and I have no Cubase licenses. I don’t think I have the license for the old Cubase VST24 that I used when creating the songs. It’s long gone.

Today I downloaded and installed Cubase SE 3 for Windows thinking it would be free since it’s so old. But it seems I can’t start it without a license. I have installed eLicenser Control Center, but that does me no good since I still need a license of some sort.

Is there any way that I can try to rescue all of my old Cubase VST24 songs without purchasing a license for Cubase? If not, is there a license that is not that expensive? I don’t use Cubase for music - I just want to import and rescue my old songs somehow.

Thanks in advance!

/Thomas Kahn

Is it possible to download a trial cubase and see if that works to export your songs, just a thought

You need an eLicenser dongle with a valid license for Cubase 4-11 in order to open SX3 ‘for free’.
Just because it’s old doesn’t mean that makes it free and Steinberg would go in and recode the app without all the copy protection…

SX3 is the last version that will open those old files, no way around converting them without an older license (not a Cubase 12 license) or having someone else with a dongle do it for you.

Unfortunately the licensing scheme changed, and newly purchased products use a license that Cubase SX, or SE 3 can’t use.