open string pizz to arco

there are a number of posts discussing pizz to arco, etc not working and (for now) using nat and hiding it a temporary solution.
I could not find anything about the open string (+ above the note, followed by an assumed arco)that I could find. playback for strings go from pizz to arco with no problem and will play + as a pizz but then following notes are also pizz. would like to use the + sign for the open string and then continue as arco (even adding arco does not cancel it).

there are a number of posts discussing pizz to arco, etc not working and (for now) using nat and hiding it a temporary solution.
I could not find anything about the open string (+ above the note, followed by an assumed arco)that I could find. playback for strings go from pizz to arco with no problem and will play + as a pizz but then following notes are also pizz. would like to use the + sign for the open string and then continue as arco (even adding arco does not cancel it).

Try adding nat. before you add arco, and that should hopefully work.

A + for a left handed pizz should not need the arco to follow pizz then arco would be necessary). but, in any case,
neither arco nor nat then arco cancels the + (arco does cancel pizz instead of +). at this point, I can notate it properly for the final layout,
then make a playback layout with pizz substituted for + followed by arco so that it will playback properly. Looking for a proper audio perusal
score for performers.).

I can hide the nat. after the pizz. but how did you get the LH Pizz to play to start? I duplicated the pizz setting in a test expression map and mapped it to the LH Pizz and assigned it to the cross, but that has no effect when I assign it to my Violin Solo in HSO.
lhPizzTest.dorico.zip (768 KB)

I got the + to play pizz by just adding the + sign under the string articulations on the right side of the screen. works fine but then it continues that way
and arco will not cancel it (it will cancel pizz chosen at this same spot instead of the + sign and arco will cancel it). I thought that I could make a new playback layout and change the articulations in it, but any changes I seem to make in it also changes the full score printed version (with the + signs in it and no arco to cancel it). at this point I am going to just use the + sign and ignore dorico playback as a perusal possibility (nat as described above does not seem to work).

I am using the note performer 3 for playback. it plays the + as a pizz (the dorico playback module that comes with it does not) but it will not
change back to arco for the next note (not notated in the score as it is not needed in the sheet music and will not respond to the arco indication.
the only solution that I can think of is when finished with the score (just started) I can save the score under a different name then use pizz and arco where needed to play the left handed pizz.