Open VST GUI follows track selection

what do you mean ?!
new version didnt come out yet to complain about it. hope steinberg made this and many “click save” feature wisely on the next paid update !!

Hahahaha … hopefully…but…i don’t think so…

well, we are not sure unless u are a beta tester or got info from one.
anyway if its not there its kind of ignorance of users basic less click workflow requested for many years.
its just make sense to have the option to follow track selection, how this can be ignored from cubase workflow for so many years !

1 Like

Totally agree

+1 for VST multipanner following track selection

+1 !!!

if this happened in 11.5 it would update me for sure !!

Not seeing this feature on the just released Cubase 12 feature list.

yep… as far as i can see its not included in this update.
its a massive workflow ease feature. much less clicks

Unbelievable. Are there any actual engineers over at Steinberg/Cubase, or simply programmers?

@Matthias_Quellmann We appreciate you going around and responding to various feature request threads. Could you please respond to this one so that we know we aren’t being ignored on this?

1 Like

+1
Please add VST/multipaner follow track selection

3 Likes

any news on this in 12 ? I have just downloaded a trial version of 12 and as a Logic user this is and the zoom is my first bad impression . I can’t keep a plug-in on top and follow by track selection and I don’t seem to be able to pinch and zoom or even hold a key to get the zoom tool ?

Any help would be great thanks Andy

I’ve also set up a key command, to open and close VST instruments. I agree after selecting the track. This works well even in the editor.

But if you forget to close it with the key command before you move away to the next track, you then start seeing lots of VST is all over the screen

I saw someone using Studio One on YouTube and they were switching track and the open plugin was following. it looked like magic, I didn’t know it was possible, it must have been special effects.
…and thats how I got here.

If you open a Plug in Logic (anyway plug-in type) and select the chain, I know Protools also does this … as you select a track the GUI changes to that track I thought this was standard across all DAWs …

2 Likes

its like steinberg insist not implementing this feature.
maybe they don’t want cubase to lose the title of “the must mouse clickable DAW” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Yep. Logic basically has this feature. It’s not a ‘dock’ like S1… but you can even select ‘multi’ and have every plugin open at once. With a 2nd screen dedicated to GUIs, you’d be in ‘mouse click free’ heaven.
Meanwhile… years have gone by and we don’t even have a key command for ‘open all plugins’.
Steinberg have some great new features sometimes. But they really drop the ball and fall behind on really important ones that would make working easier & faster.

1 Like

Can someone tell if this feature is implemented in Cubase 13?

nope… click click click click x1000 chasing vst windows game

1 Like