Opening user presets I have created

Hello all–

I’m very new to Padshop Pro, and this is my first time on this forum. A question about saving and accessing user presets. I save them via the floppy disc icon as I think I should, but they get saved with a very long suffix, many characters long in the format “vstpreset.com.steinberg.vst3.preset.com.steinberg.vst3.preset”, when all that is necessary is .vstpreset. Padshop will not recognize the preset by the name it has given itself! When I go into the library and change it to .vstpreset, it shows up and can be opened properly. Am I doing something wrong? Also, why is it that trying to use the “Import Presets” pulldown at the upper right of the main window gives me nothing but grayed-out icons. I am running Logic 9.1.8 on Mac 10.6.8. Anybody care to give me a hand? As a total Padshop newbie I’d be much obliged, thanks!

later,
John

I fixed this thanks to Simon Stockhausen, who put a tip in the VI Forum about the .dmg add-on that Steinberg released more than a year ago, and never incorporated into the main installer. In case anyone is interested, here is the link:

later,
John