Operations tutorials

Sorry to bother everyone with this but I’m new to Cubasis and Cubasis 3 in particular.

I continue to attempt to perform various editing functions on Cubasis 3: e.g. physically moving tracks on the screen, removing unwanted portions from audio tracks, changing audio track tempi post-recording,doing IAA importing, etc. Pretty basic stuff, I think, but I am finding that Cubasis 3 is NOT intuitive. Far from it. Things that I think should work in order to edit tracks simply do not work at all.

Is there a single resource that’s available for me — a sort of operations manual — that is clear and not jargon-laden?

I tried YouTube resources. Ugh… not really helpful. I tried the help menu in Cubasis 3 but see too much info to wade through, info that is off-topic and that presumes that I can distinguish among subtle differences in topics.

I have used other recording software that is far easier to manipulate than Cubasis 3 but now that I’m here, I’d like to learn to use what I can already see is a powerful app… once I determine how to use it.

I can make audio tracks. I can import from iRealPro, thanks to assistance from this forum, and can make midi tracks.But, I cannot figure out how to edit tracks, remove unwanted “dead-air” from an imported iRealPro track, etc.

Help?! Thanks !

Hi Steve88,

Thank you for your message.

While DAWs might be complex at first sight, Cubasis should be very quick and easy to use, once you know a bit more how to use it.

Here are two simple tutorials that demonstrate how to record a Cubasis song:

How to record a song with Cubasis - Part I
Cubasis Song Creation - Part II

In addition, please find lots of additional tutorials about several dedicated Cubasis topics right here:

Cubasis 2 Tutorials & Teasers
Cubasis 3 Tutorials & Teasers

As mentioned above, DAWs might be confusing at the start, but Cubasis should work quick and easily, once you’ve dived into the concept a bit more.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks Lars. I’ll have a look at these. I have had very limited success watching and wading through the videos so far, but I’ll give these a try.

Cheers,
S

Thanks Lars. I’ll have a look at these. I have had very limited success watching and wading through the videos so far, but I’ll give these a try.

Hi Steve88,

Thanks for your message.
Please let us have your feedback about the tutorial clips, once you’ve watched them!

Thanks again,
Lars