Optimizing disk space

I’m trying to move some Cubase files to an external disk to free up my internal ssd. One folder that has a lot of the larger files is the VST Sound folder. Is it possible to move this?
I suppose I could move them and create an alias to the external disk’s folder. I’m running macOS 11.6.
Anyone have some pointers in optimizing disk space by moving files to another volume?

You can use the Steinberg Library Manager to relocate libraries to a different location.

1 Like

Oh that’s what Library Manager is for!!! I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

I attempted to use the Library Manager but it keeps indicating the files are inaccessible…
I made sure in System Preferences that it had full disk access and that no other Steinberg application is running (Cubase/Wavelab). Doesn’t help.
What am I missing?
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 2.12.13 PM

I’m guessing you are on a Mac? On a PC I’d suggest checking the Folder’s Read/Write permissions and run it as Administrator. No idea for a Mac.

An alternative is to just move all the .vstsound files to their new home. Then take any one of them and double click on it. This should cause the Library Manager to launch and register anything it finds in the .vstsound file’s folder & sub-folders.