Option to disable mouse wheel / trackpad scrolling to change parameters

Inertia scrolling on the Apple Magic Mouse is awesome but it tends to change parameters in the mixer and stuff if you’re not careful. So it would be really nice to put this issue to rest. I never, ever use scrolling to change parameters. Would be a nice addition to a future maintenance update or in 11.5.

2 Likes

Unearthing this old topic because for me in V13 this is an issue which drives me crazy. If I wanted this, I would much rather it require the use of a modifier key to activate it first. If I have an audio event selected and so much as move my pointer (using a trackpad) nearby, it will turn things way up or down, or add extremely long fades. And worst of all, for some odd reason it gets added to the undo stack in tiny increments - meaning that if you move your mouse and accidentally turn the whole clip up, be prepared to hit undo 50 times to get it back to normal… such a pointless time waster and distraction, I’m really surprised other people don’t complain about this more.

I actually do like the idea of changing gain or fades from my trackpad, but please make it so I could press shift or ctrl first so I can do it voluntarily and not accidentally!

1 Like

I think this could warrant its own thread tbh.

1 Like