Order of plugins with Direct Offline Processing changes if I select one or more event

Doing some editing experiment with Offline Processing.

Is the following behavior a bug or is this intended?

I selected multiple vocal events (same channel format, which is stereo).
I applied FIRST some mouth De-Click with RX9, and SECOND De-Plosive.
Doing this with multiple even selected, the second process appears on top instead of the bottom.

After applying these two processes, if I bring up the Direct Off Line Process window I see that the order is as intended if I select a single event. When I bring up that window with multiple event selected, the order seems the opposite of what I intended, at least visually.

Is this a bug?

Here is what appears (as I intended) when I select a single event:

Here is what appears

when I select multiple events:

I have not seen this myself but I’m following the thread and will do a test tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks liljefelt!

Hey! I just stumbled upon this thread, looking for answers myself. As I didn’t get any I started testing different things out and thought I’d feedback my findings here.

When you select ONE event, all plugins and processes are shown in the order you added them.

If you select MULTIPLE events, all plugins and processes are shown in alphabetic order. Also the last column changes from being called “Status” to “Count”. This makes perfectly sense as you might have several events with different plugins or processes in them. So you could see different numbers on “Count” for different plugins/processes.

I just wish Steinberg would have been more clear about this in the manual.