OSX M1 native

Adobe Audition is now released on for native Arm on OSX. Where is Steinberg?

Hi,

Here you can always see the latest state of all Steinberg products.

So they have not started yet?

I haven’t used Audition in a long time… but isn’t it pretty much a basic audio editor? maybe a step above Audacity? I would imagine a program like Cubase would take significantly longer to port.

I have never used it. It really not that much about how big it is. It is more about how well it is written and how important it is to get it done.

Hi,

I read something different: testing.

Have you seen how many updates Adobe CC stuff has though? It’s almost daily and it’s onerous.

Yeah it’s annoying.

But Adobe is traded on the NASDAQ and has 20,000+ employees. Photoshop and their other software is used nearly as much Microsoft Word or Excel… if not more. They’re able to do daily updates, and use it as a selling mechanism for their subscription only model.

Yes, yes a much larger market than Steinberg enjoys. We are really in a niche area in the scheme of things.

It’s a powerful, quite full of features app that only does audio and is well suited for post.
Closer to Wavelab than Cubase (multitrack audio, no MIDI, no instruments).

It really not that much about how big it is. It is more about how well it is written and how important it is to get it done.

On a side note, audition used to be cool edit pro in the old days.

1 Like

All Spectrasonics products are now M1 Native.