OSX Mavericks Steinberg Cubase "finder" problems

Hi,

I recently did a clean Mavericks install on my late 2012 13" MacBook Pro and have experienced a few issues with Steinberg Cubase.

The finder inside Cubase is kinda slow, it takes about 15 seconds to display my Projects HDD folder when I select “file / open” or “new project / prompt for project location” inside Cubase 6.5. This also happends when I want to load an audio file using “file / import audio file”.

This ONLY happends the first time I load Cubase.

I have tried to reinstall Cubase, checked and repaired the disk permissions and all tips regarding “Slow Mavericks Finder” below:

1. Terminal command : rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist && killall -HUP Finder
  2. deleted com.apple.finder.plis
  3. Started in Safe Mode and loaded Cubase
  4. Terminal command : sudo vi /etc/auto_master / Hit i for insert / Add a # to the front of /net -host -nobrowse / excape / hit w / hit q.
  5. Terminal command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ followed by :sudo reboot (to rebuild the kext cache)

I also installed the Cubase 7.5 TRAIL, same problem
Made no difference. Any other ideas, tips or workarrounds?

Thanks

SOLVED!
this worked:
disabling spotlight

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

I have the exact same problem. Is that the only solution?

Because this problem was not always like this. I would love to keep spotlight on because sometimes kontakt needs “search spotlight” function.

And it only happens to Cubase 8.5. I have Cubase 10 pro co-exist with 8.5. This problem does not happen to Cubase 10 pro.